Enforced job transfer while off sick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any help or advice please on the following.

I work in a state school, I was off ill with swine flu (this was covered by my doctors sickness certificate) on my return to work I was told I had been moved to another position where I would be “less of an inconvenience”.

I am covered by the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) I was not consulted about this enforced transfer, so I informed the headteacher I was not happy about this.

He was adamant that he could move me as he had the beat interests of the pupils to think of.

I raised a grievance but this was not upheld, I have now appealed and the hearing is due soon.

The headteacher is a bully and does not tolerate illness in any shape or form. I had to leave work the other day after 2 hours as I had a migraine, he made me complete a ‘back to work’ form, however, other staff do not have to do this, only me.

I have never had any formal or informal warnings about my absence before I now think he is trying to push me out of the school.

I feel I have been treated less favourably than other workers and I have been discriminated against because of my disability.

Any suggestions or help.

Indeed, so if you hit the red triangle put a link to this thread in there and ask them to change it adding of course what you want to change it too.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thread 'title' changed :)

Just need to get you some help now :rolleyes:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks maroondevo, there you go that was easy.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

It's a pity our two employment Mods are not on-line at the moment, but hopefully if no one else can help, they will when they come online.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I am a Student Nurse at the moment, If you had confirmed swine flu then you will have symptoms for upto 6 weeks after ! this is well known in healthcare and I am sure you will find information about it, if not let me know will see what I can pull for you.

I do not know about your actual job situation, only that with swine flu and working in a school you are a contamination risk .... so they could prob move you to a "non contact" position or a position out the way for a short period - even though you will not pass it on after 7-10 days max.