credit security ltd

ladybird74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This company keep ringing my number and so far I have a total of about 12 names they are after. I have told them this number should be removed from their systems and told they cant as they auto dial.

I rang them back myself and as have no dealings with them gave my number and no name to be removed from system, to be told they do not have my number on their system.

I asked them how do I stop them bothering me especially on a sunday morning, to be told I cant.

Now will I get in trouble as I have warned them if they call again and ask for various names to my number I will use a whistle down the phone when the name credit security ltd is confirmed?

Havnt done it yet, the whistle I mean, but I am registered with tps and they seem to confirm they are ringing randomly. Fed up with it:-x

I wouldn't whistle, this only lets them know they have got to you.

Keep a log of all the times they call, then complain to your telephone provider, I know BT intercept nuisance calls before allowinhg your phone to ring out.

Make a formal complaint to OFcom Ofcom

Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman - Home

And lodge a formal complaint with the company;Credit Security Ltd

If they persist then look at reporting them to the Police (not 999) for harassment and breaching various laws;

Telecommunications Act 1984 (c. 12) - Statute Law Database

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (c. 40)

Malicious Communications Act 1988 (c. 27)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for advice.

Ive looked into this company and found they chase debts for banks. I have a little problem with abbey and am starting to wonder wether they have got my number in a sneakily fashion as in ex directory and only given out to doctors and bank compliaint ombudsman.

Probably coincidence but starting to feel as if they want me to say who I am, I mean 12 different names, maybe they think I run a hotel:D

Hey good idea, I will ring community wardens and see if I could set one up to not intefere with alarm, worth a try. I think I will tape the next call for evidence and state to them what I will buy if they ring again and that I will be charging them cost.:D

You have to put them on notice that you're recording the call or it's zero use as evidence. Maybe that will do the trick, start the call from them with 'hi, can I have your name please and the name of your company ,' when they reveal it your next sentence will be ' thanks for that, I must inform you that I'm recording this call for the collection of evidence' I wonder if they'll put the phone down before they reveal themselves or after you've told them you're recording the call. But that is what I'd do and how I'd do it.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Hell, just a footnote, realised who else has my number, t mobile. I bet thats it and the various names are just a wind up to get me to say such and such actually lives here, not that I am that stupid. They tried to get it out of my son and I slated them for harassing a minor.

You have to put them on notice that you're recording the call or it's zero use as evidence. Maybe that will do the trick, start the call from them with 'hi, can I have your name please and the name of your company ,' when they reveal it your next sentence will be ' thanks for that, I must inform you that I'm recording this call for the collection of evidence' I wonder if they'll put the phone down before they reveal themselves or after you've told them you're recording the call. But that is what I'd do and how I'd do it.

There is no need to inform anyone that you are recording the call, I record all of my phone calls (thanks Truecall:D) and as my calls are not privy to any third party there is no legal requirement to let them know you are doing so.

If you were to offer the phone recordings as evidence in court, then it is up to the judge whether or not he would allow the call to be heard, not you or the other person on the end of the line.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

There is no need to inform anyone that you are recording the call, I record all of my phone calls (thanks Truecall:D) and as my calls are not privy to any third party there is no legal requirement to let them know you are doing so.

If you were to offer the phone recordings as evidence in court, then it is up to the judge whether or not he would allow the call to be heard, not you or the other person on the end of the line.

I think we're on the same hymn sheet, as in my first line

You have to put them on notice that you're recording the call or it's zero use as evidence

I think we're on the same hymn sheet, as in my first line

You have to put them on notice that you're recording the call or it's zero use as evidence

Sorry Deb, I have to disagree, it is up to the judge whether or not it can be used as evidence, the fact that you have not told them that you are recording the call matters not one bit, besides you would have informed them that you are using it as evidence in your defence.;)

Sorry Deb, I have to disagree, it is up to the judge whether or not it can be used as evidence, the fact that you have not told them that you are recording the call matters not one bit, besides you would have informed them that you are using it as evidence in your defence.;)

You're not saying anything that isn't already obvious as in a judge has always been able to determine what evidence he/she will allow in court

and this extends to all and everything but if a recorded call is to be played in court (third party involvement at that point) then the consent to do so must be received from the person (s) being recorded. However, if consent is not given I do not think it can be played in court or even presented as evidence, it leaves things open for civil proceedings.

It's also why most CCTV's from shops are without sound or at least the sound is not provided on playback in court.

Perhaps a better reference of it beings seen as a civil not crimminal matter can be found here, the last two sentences are the ones to look at but given that it's the Attorney General, the Head of the Met and involves quotes from the the then Govt Minister Hazel Blears and Shami Chakrabati from Liberty

BBC NEWS | UK | Met chief in phone recording row

An uninformed non consenting individual in a non criminal case such as the above authors original post points to would not be played in court at any time, however an informed consenting individuals call will have much more of a chance of being allowed into court.

Oftel - faqs

Can I record telephone conversations on my home phone?

Yes. The relevant law, RIPA, does not prohibit individuals from recording their own communications provided that the recording is for their own use. Recording or monitoring are only prohibited where some of the contents of the communication - which can be a phone conversation or an e-mail - are made available to a third party, ie someone who was neither the caller or sender nor the intended recipient of the original communication. For further information see the Home Office website where RIPA is posted.

Do I have to let people know that I intend to record their telephone conversations with me?

No, provided you are not intending to make the contents of the communication available to a third party. If you are you will need the consent of the person you are recording

I don't think a court comes under "third party" in this instance

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/233294-using-telephone-recordings-evidence.html#post2585648

This issue has been flogged already, and the outcome and general consensus is that you ARE allowed to record phone calls, and you ARE allowed to submit them as evidence in a court of Law, with or without the other persons permission, as with CCTV, if you have done nothing wrong then why wouldn't you want this evidence played out in court.

However, it is better we agree to disagree, and focus on the OP's problem.

Boo;)

• Haha 1

However, it is better we agree to disagree, and focus on the OP's problem.

Boo;)

I agree but with a bit of a retraction from me myself and I, after further reading/digging/using google I think the concensus is that generally speaking you do not need permission to replay the call.

You can have it *burys head* :)

and a slap to the back at the same time (reputation)

• Haha 1