roncarr

proof of contract letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3656 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I believe that somewhere on this site their is a letter that you can send to a DCA about proving a contract exists. Does anyone know where I can find it as I've been on here about 2 hours and can't find it.

Welcome to CAG...we all started at this point

Heres a complete A-Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

But the letter you want is No 8 here.....bookmark this page as there are others that will be useful too

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Live Life-Debt Free

I've already done the CCA. I thought their was a letter that you can send to make the DCA prove you have a contract with them.

I've already done the CCA. I thought their was a letter that you can send to make the DCA prove you have a contract with them.

Have they supplied you with the agreement?

You won't have a contract with the DCA per sé, but on your initial agreement with the bank for instance, it will say in the small print, that you agree that they can pass your details to outside agencies such as debt collectors to seek payment from you.

What is the alleged debt, with who and who is the DCA chasing?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The debt is to M&S Money and HFO sevices/Roxburghe are chasing.

The debt is to M&S Money and HFO sevices/Roxburghe are chasing.

Ha Ha HA:D Roxburghe..... that will be enforceable then:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes it's getting quite fun.

Did you get a response to your CCA Request?

Probably not if Roxburghe are chasing it:D

I got a copy of the credit card application and statements but no terms and conditions (unless the info by where I signed counts as T & C's).

It's only just gone to Roxburghe. Initially HFO were on the case.

Did you tell HFO that they had failed to comply and the account is in dispute?

Regardless send Roxy the bemused letter, telling them that the request you sent HFO for the CCA was not honoured, so they have bought a lemon and should sell it back to HFO.

Don't forget HFO and Roxburghe are the same company. When I queried some details with Marks & Spencer Money they replied with the fact the debt had been assigned to HFO Services/Roxburghe so as far as M&S Money are concerned they are the same company.

Either way if the account is in dispute then no-one should be chasing you for payment against a disputed debt.

I have never acknowleged the debt however it is only since Roxburghe took it on that I have sent an SAR request to M&S Money.

The good news is that since I informed Roxburghe that I had sent an SAR request to M&S Money and therefore the account was in dispute that they wrote to me to tell me a default had been placed on my file with them and also my credit file-whoops!!!

The good news is that since I informed Roxburghe that I had sent an SAR request to M&S Money and therefore the account was in dispute that they wrote to me to tell me a default had been placed on my file with them and also my credit file-whoops!!!

Well you can tell them to remove it pronto, as even that is still pursuing collection activity whilst the account is in dispute, also make a formal complaint to these ridiculous credit reference agencies, they could do with being knocked down a peg or two!

Does the notice of assignment have to be sent recorded delivery or can they just send it normal post?

I do believe that it can just be sent via normal snail mail, however you should always keep the envelopes they send.

Yes I kept the envelopes they were sent in. I got 2 of them (long story). Both were dated after they were posted. I kept them to prove that the NOA was sent by HFO and not the original creditor.