zoena

Need advice on returning a pushchair to ARGOS

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3641 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi everyone, i purchased a mamas and papas pipi buggy from argos approx three months ago (cant remember exact date but this buggy is exclusive to argos and came out when there last catalogue came out) i think i paid cash but will check my bank statments and i did keep the reciept but cant find it anywhere,

anyway, the pushchair is knackered, it seems like the frame has bent and wont close properly and makes a horrific crunching noise when you try to close it and the back rest sometimes sticks and you have to yank it down, its never been anywhere to get squished or anything and i take could care of my buggies as i am a bit of a pushchair addict!! my son is only six months old and has used it probably 10 times max as i also have a maxi cosi car seat and quinny frame i use when out in the car.

am very disappointed as this is the first mamas and papas pushchair i have bought (have three kids!) and i want my money back not an exchange as am going back to maclaren as never had any probs with them! any one know where i stand? i would right it off but the pushchair was seventy quid!

any help would be greatly appreciated will try and go through my bank statements but am pretty sure i bought our dvd player at the same time so the amount wont match just the pushchair so will that matter? many thanks zo (must have paid cash as no reference on bank statements and have hunted high and low for reciept and cant find it!)

If you haven't got your receipt you would need to remember the exact date it was purchased. They can look it up in the store you purchased on usually within 3 months (after that makes it more difficult). With the solutions from there it is after the usual month so would generally be down to discretion, as it would usually be a replacement. Though you could ague that it is of an unsatisfactory quality.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

right i bought it on the 21st august (remembered i posted it on my facebook as it was the first blue pushchair i have ever bought ! very sad i know!) so do you think i should ring and ask to speak to the manager?

Phone up customer services they might be able to track it there end, or if they can't they will be able to get through to the store much quicker then you will.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Pushchair is 3 months old and faulty. You could insist on a refund, but they are not obliged to give one. Within the 12 months warranty period they only have to replace of repair IIRC.

You need to show a contract exists between the retailer and customer. To do this some form of proof of purchase is required. Whilst the goods might be exclusive to the company it doesn't stop such items purchased from other venues, such as on-line auctions etc.

For a refund you really will need proof of purchase, for a replacement it would be down to the managers discretion for a replacement without proof of purchase. Contacting customer services can help a lot more and you then don't have a wasted journey.

Argos do not stock Maclaren pushchairs (We had a big notice go around due to the problems the US was having with them).

I can offer some further advise if needed, and feel free to PM me your area.

---

Please read my signature, everything I say is in my own opinion and not that of of HRG, Argos or any of its companies.