petethemanc

Western Union

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3634 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My appologies if this is in the wrong section, as i could not see where else to put this.

Ok, so in may i wired £631 via western union to China for some electrical equipment, not long afterwards the supplier informed that the name was wrong and could it be changed. So i went into western union and informed them of this and they said the name would be changed. It was not, so a furhter five times i asked for this to be done and it never was. I then cancelled the order as i was going to work abroad, i returned and went into western union (managed by finit) to request my money back minus the charge. After a lenghty run around, the western union agent said the money had been picked up on October 16th. Now, the name was wrong on the slip so one of two things have happened (according to the agent)

1) The supplier had seen the MTCN was still active after so many months and a "friendly" agent had let them take the money.

2) Someon has used either no or fake docuements to collect it.

Either way Finnit in my opinion are liable as they have not checked any docuements used to collect the money or they would have been refused. Now if this was a small company in China i would assume i could kiss my money goodbye, however this is a large company which somewhere along the lines must have someone to answer my questions and refund me my money due to their lack of checks. Do i have a case here and if so how would i go about it? I still have all the original paperwork and signed statements from the original western union agent from my loacl corner shop to verify what i have said.

Really difficult, as WU are not an EU-based company, and are limited by guarantee in the USA. I avoid them like the plague as all it takes is an inattentive agent to signfy a pay-out and that's an end to the matter.

Regarding the T&C's you would need to identify where they have a provable case of being negligent, and then use their terms to seek reimbursement, but to date I have ever heard of anyone being successful for non-EU transfers.

Why not chase up the original beneficiary? There's every chance as they had the details they DID receive payment, and the goods are now classed as paid.