Is this a result?

Dusty_Rug
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One day last week, I had a letter from CCSC saying that they were recovering a debt on behalf of Aktiv Kapital UK Ltd of £230. I didn't know who AK were so I searched and found they buy debt. I have no idea what this debt is.

Anyway, I emailed CCSC and told them that I didn't acknowledge the debt, didn't have any contact with AK and, before anything happens I'll be writing in to request the relevant CCA.

Today, I got two letters from CCSC. First one says they're contacting AK to fulfill my request (no letter sent yet, and no £1 because I've been busy) and my account is suspended until they've got my CCA and sent it to me.

Second letter from CCSC, says they are no longer dealing with my account and any further contact should be made direct to AK (no contact details given).

So, CCSC are off my back. Should I expect to hear from AK now?

I made a conscious decision to get out of debt:cool:. I will not be bullied or harrassed:mad: by DCA's or bailiffs whilst I try to satisfy my creditors.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks BB. I'd be editing that and sending it to CCSC, right? (removing stuff like who is their client cos I know the client is AK) But then what about AK who, so far, haven't been in touch with me about any debt? Do I get in touch with them? Would sending that letter to CCSC stir things up with AK? I've checked my credit file and AK put a default on it 2 years ago but I still have no idea where the debt came from - it says 'Aktiv Kapital' followed by 'bank' but I don't actually know what that means though I'm pretty sure that I don't have a bank debt because I've never had an overdraft or bank loan.

I'm keen to send that letter but I need to know what, if any, negative consequence it might have seeing as this seems to be a debt being dealt with by one DCA on behalf of another DCA or would the 2nd letter 'we've closed your file so refer to AK in future' suggest that AK can't prove the debt?

I've probably confused everyone now, so I'll just wait and see if anyone can make sense of what I've said so far

I made a conscious decision to get out of debt:cool:. I will not be bullied or harrassed:mad: by DCA's or bailiffs whilst I try to satisfy my creditors.

Have you ever had a store card?

I do know that Aktiv Kapital perform debt collection for GE capital cards (possibly others - I don't know, i'm a neophyte @ this).

My partner recently received a letter from CCSC referring to a statute barred debt going back to 2000 - 2002 relating to a GE capital store card.

sigpic278087_5.gif

Hi Diver,

No, it's not a store card or credit card debt. I have one cc debt that's coming close to the 6 yr limit which nobody's ever chased me for but which is on my credit file as default. (I think Cabot might chasing me for that but they won't tell me anything cos I won't provide personal details for their 'security checks' - roll on April when it has to come off my file!!)

I don't know whether I should contact AK and ask what this debt is or just let it lie quietly and hope they leave me alone..

It's really up to you what you do, if they haven't marked your credit file adversely then I guess you could just let the matter drop, if however they have been searching your credit file, without your knowledge or permission then I would seriously be asking them questions and taking the Credit Agency to task aswell.

It really is up to you, only you can judge as to your own circumstances.

Whatever you do, you will have CAGgers support.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi again, Boo. AK have indeed put a default marker on my credit file BUT they still haven't been in touch with me directly. What I really want to know is do I send that letter to CCSC as they're the ones who've contacted me and closed their file or do I send it to AK who by all accounts own this supposed debt? And if to CCSC, what do I do when/if I get a full reply? I'm feeling kinda dumb right now and confused by the fact that one DCA is acting on behalf of another DCA - I didn't realise they worked like that, I always thought it went Creditor>DCA>CCJ>Bailiff.

{takes a few minutes to infuse brain with oxygen}

ok, I'm going to send the letter to CCSC after the weekend and see what the outcome is.

Is it wise to also contact AK to see what they have to say about it? Or wait to see if they contact me? I'm sure that, as the marker on my credit file was placed by AK, only they can remove it so I need to say something to them..just not sure what yet..

ok, thanks for that Boo. Both letters just waiting to be mailed now. Thankyou x

Well, I cheated a bit here. I didn't send the letters by post but iinstead emailed the letter recommended by Boo to CCSC and then a similar email with a CCA request added to AK. (Note: no money sent)

They went off on the 28th Nov.

Result:

30th Nov - email from AK stating not one but two account numbers and asking me to call them to discuss. Sent them a reply sayng that I had no wish to discuss something I was unaware of.

1st Dec - apology from CCSC and assurance that my details are no longer with them and weren't passed on.

Today - letter from AK detailing both accounts and how they got hold of them. Stating that as they were not the original creditor in either case, they did not hold the original CCA's but had contacted the originators and been told that 'due to the age of the accounts copy documents are not available'.

Final words from AK:

'..no firther action was taken and your details were expunged from our system.

I can confirm that AK is not processing your data and instructions have been sent to the CRA's to ensure the removal of any incorrect data pertaining to the accounts from your credit file.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.'

A very happy bunny here..with an almost spotless credit file:D (just one thing left to deal with on that but it's 6 years in April so I think I can let that one run its course)

Thanks to everyone here, especially Boo x

oh, forgot, also got code of practice, etc from both companies.

Hi again, Boo. AK have indeed put a default marker on my credit file BUT they still haven't been in touch with me directly. What I really want to know is do I send that letter to CCSC as they're the ones who've contacted me and closed their file or do I send it to AK who by all accounts own this supposed debt? And if to CCSC, what do I do when/if I get a full reply? I'm feeling kinda dumb right now and confused by the fact that one DCA is acting on behalf of another DCA - I didn't realise they worked like that, I always thought it went Creditor>DCA>CCJ>Bailiff.

I think you'll find it's more Creditor>DCA>DCA>Creditor>DCA>DCA>DCA>Creditor (so on and so forth:))

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Well, I cheated a bit here. I didn't send the letters by post but iinstead emailed the letter recommended by Boo to CCSC and then a similar email with a CCA request added to AK. (Note: no money sent)

They went off on the 28th Nov.

Result:

30th Nov - email from AK stating not one but two account numbers and asking me to call them to discuss. Sent them a reply sayng that I had no wish to discuss something I was unaware of.

1st Dec - apology from CCSC and assurance that my details are no longer with them and weren't passed on.

Today - letter from AK detailing both accounts and how they got hold of them. Stating that as they were not the original creditor in either case, they did not hold the original CCA's but had contacted the originators and been told that 'due to the age of the accounts copy documents are not available'.

Final words from AK:

'..no firther action was taken and your details were expunged from our system.

I can confirm that AK is not processing your data and instructions have been sent to the CRA's to ensure the removal of any incorrect data pertaining to the accounts from your credit file.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.'

A very happy bunny here..with an almost spotless credit file:D (just one thing left to deal with on that but it's 6 years in April so I think I can let that one run its course)

Thanks to everyone here, especially Boo x

Hoping for half your luck:) Well done.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Well done DR, I forget that email is also an accepted form of correspondence, as you found out it doesn't cost you anything, and it is a legal form of communication if it ever reaches court, plus there is a programme that you can down load and it will tell you exactly when your email was received, where, when, and how many times it has been read..

Well done anyway, I shall have a drink to your success tonight.;)

Well done DR, I forget that email is also an accepted form of correspondence, as you found out it doesn't cost you anything, and it is a legal form of communication if it ever reaches court, plus there is a programme that you can down load and it will tell you exactly when your email was received, where, when, and how many times it has been read..

Well done anyway, I shall have a drink to your success tonight.;)

whats the download program called please??.