Jump to content

Getting a little confused with where I stand at the moment.


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Bit of a long story so apologies in advance.


I claimed for unlawful bank charges earlier this year stating that I was in hardship and I was told that I was not in hardship due to the bank charges so my request had been refused. At the same time this was going on my overdraft had gone over its agreed limit after a cheuqe I put in for £1000 bounced and the charges I was expecting meant that I went over my agreed limit. This led to them saying that they were going to cancel the overdraft, I informed them that I was pursuing my bank charges and they said they would wait until my claim had been processed before pursuing it further. I ended up getting 2 letters on the same day 1 saying that id been refused a refund of charges and that my overdraft had been withdrawn.


At that time I was still a student but I had finished my course and was waiting to graduate so couldnt claim jobseekers so had no income as I was having no luck in the job market. I tried to make arrangements in regards to paying back the overdraft but was not able to keep to the arrangements as I was barely getting by and the money I had went on food.


I eventually signed on for jobseekers after graduating and contacted CCCS about my debt problem and they drafted a letter to send to my creditors aswell as a budget that went off what I would have each month (just under £200) I sent a letter explaining my situation and an offer of £1 token payment a month until I was in a better financial situation and a budget too KPS (I think thats what their called) in regards to my overdraft as it had been defaulted and passed on to them.


I got a letter back yesterday saying they had refused my offer of token payments and needed to contact them. I really dont know what they expect from me, on the plus side I am starting a new job in the new year so will have money then but I have a feeling that nationwide wont be keen on waiting over a month for the first payment. If anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated because I am proper stuck at the mo.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...