Shotgun anyone?

JimmySpangle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Jimmy,

Mine is just 5 years old - had him since a pup from Dogs Trust.

When we first got him, we were told to leave a light and a radio on through the night (on Classic FM) as that's what the pups had when they were weened from mum at the dog home. Never had a disturbed night.

In the last 3 months, he has been waking me up at 3 or 4am barking incessantly. I ignore at first but don't want to upset neighbours so go down and tell him to be quiet.

Usually, the outside security lights are on. We often have foxes coming through our garden and I'm certain it's the lights that alert him so he starts listening out for the foxes.

So I've started to leave the radio on again for him, to provide some constant background noise so he's less likely to hear the foxes. I also switch off the security lights, so they don't start him off.

The radio seems to be doing the trick. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Just a thought here but is there anyway he can be seeing the moon or the light it is casting through a window where he is? Seeing as this seems to be the focus of his chuffing at, maybe he sees it and wants to 'scare' it off by getting out there and barking.

Oh dear me JS.

I use to have a German Shepherd that use to bark when we went out. I found that giving her an old jumper of mine and leaving the radio on stopped her barking.

If she barked when we were in I would just say "No barking" and she would shut up. Then again she was a proper dog not a (Quote) "Poisned dwarf little rat that pretends to be a dog.":p

(Sitting waiting for kiptower to comment):)

• 1 month later...

Just read thru the thread, oh how I'd love to have a dog that barks. I've got a (nearly) 10yr old Collie Gsd x, who doesn't bark. He can bark, but I can count on 1 hand the amount of times he has, and I've had him from 6wks old. Not even an intruder can make him bark, I know this because I've been burgled with him in the house. But he's not a guard dog, he's a companion so I let him off lol :-). And for a big hairy lump, he's got a fear of the local plod helicopter. Any other plane or 'copter and he's fine, but the police really bugs him. This has only started in the last year, discovered at 2am one morning when he made an improtu appearance on the bed. I'd have him sleep in the bedroom all the time, but other half refuses point blank. He used to, as I made the mistake when I got him of taking him up with me, to stop him crying.

If all the above advice fails, then there are always Ear-Defenders!

image01.jpg

:lol:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....