shifty50dog

halifax bank charges!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3258 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi just been hit for another £35.00 charge made a cash deposit at 9.00am to cover dd due the same day but they did not pay the dd but still charged me.Customer services response was it should have been in my account the day before and its written in the terms and conditions theses banks are going to have a field day now they have won the court case,

Its strange because Lloyds and NatWest let you put the money in the same day for a d/d but not the Halifax. If you watch for news over the next two weeks there should be some news up on how to claim this back.

Customer services response was it should have been in my account the day before and its written in the terms and conditions

Yep, been telling me that for years :( and been getting away with it.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Just got a letter today from halifax they intend to start charging for unpaid items from march 2011 at present they do not charge for unpaid items.

No amounts mentioned what does the forum have to say being that the halifax are at it again. Please offer advise on this matter and what would happen if i move my account to santander allthough this would mean me leaving halifax with an overdraft of£1500 debt i could not pay has i am on jsa.

Is this on top of the current £1/£5 day charges they already apply?

Yes this will be anew charge but all other charges still apply

But wasnt their whole argument for the £1/£5 that it would be 'cheaper' (yeh right/) right people as they would just be charged a flat fee and nothing else? Strewth! They are taking the p***.

EVERY bank takes the ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!