exasperated

If You Were Offered A Reduced F&f But.........

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3635 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I would appreciate any comments or thoughts about the following..

If you were offered a reduced settlement figure from a creditor but they informed you that it would be marked on your credit file as partial settlement only and placed as a default on your credit file would you accept if they had

1) an unenforceable agreement

2) an enforceable agreement

Other than having to serve 6 years of not having access to credit is there any other drawbacks

Thanks

if they have a valid cca then p'haps settle for partial, though i'd push for settled as that leaves the door open for the dca leeches later on.

if they have no CCA , then settled is a must. you call the shots on this one not them.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Ok thanks for the comments,

Ida I understand what you are saying but my quandary is that they have CO's and my house is on the market so they do have the upperhand.

DX re the partial if that goes with a guarantee that they will not pursue the debt or any third party etc would that be sufficient?

Thanks

I'd push for settled in full on my CR file. The F&F would have to be worth it as well don't settle for just a few pounds off.

If your selling up and there CO on the property then they'd get the money anyway.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Hi DG,

Got TBH it is not my intention to not pay but IMO when in times of trouble you have to take the route most favourable to you. We have seen many times the enjoyment of the prosecution team when in combat with the LIP who has paid in misery from not joining CAG