Wrong Plate on speeding ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Late in the day on Monday i recieved a phone call from my Boss to tell me he had recieved a speeding ticket for one of the company vehicles and that I was the only one in the area of the offence. surrender.gif

Fair cop, I was alone and driving along the road at the approximate time of offence and even saw the mobile camera van (though i can't remember speeding) and so accepted the blame. My boss then returned the ticket with my details and it has now landed on my doorstep.

So whats the problem you ask - it's not my licence plate or indeed the plates for any of the company vehicles only having one number in common with mine and thats the 5 that appears on half of cars registered since 2001! huh.gif

Just entered the reg into Directline and it shows up as the same type of van but i really don't know where i stand? confused.gif

Anybody able to help?

Tried calling my boss but can't get hold of him! (It's the weekend!)

... - it's not my licence plate or indeed the plates for any of the company vehicles only having one number in common with mine and thats the 5 that appears on half of cars registered since 2001! huh.gif

Just entered the reg into Directline and it shows up as the same type of van but i really don't know where i stand? confused.gif

Anybody able to help?

Tried calling my boss but can't get hold of him! (It's the weekend!)

If this reg. no. does not belong to your any of your company's vehicles, it begs the questions of a) why did the police send the NIP to your company, and b) why did your boss send it to you?

As you now have a NIP in your name, you are legally obliged to respond to it, so you need to complete the form as far as you can (name of driver unknown), and send it back with a covering letter stating that you have never owned or driven the vehicle with the licence plate given, and therefore can give no further information as to who was driving it at the time / place of the alleged offence. You might also state that you believe your company may have named you in error, as you have established that this vehicle does not exist on the company fleet.

It might also be an idea to ask for photo's. Don't state for evidence

purposes, as you're not entitled at this stage, but to verify the vehicle

they are referring to.

I wouldn't ask for a photo. I see no reason why I would want or need any further "information" about the offence than they have given me on the NIP. "I have never owned or driven the vehicle to which you refer". End of.

I agree with Crem. If they have sent you an NIP for a vehicle with registration different to the one you have driven, even one digit or letter different, it is for another vehicle.

DO take a photocopy of the NIP and keep it safe - just in case they deny sending you that one later. Send it back with the advise above 'I have never owned or driven a vehicle with that registration.'