hannah1

Suspended & facing disciplinary hearing

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3656 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I have been reading different messages and see how kind and helpful people are.

I am in trouble and have been extremely stupid!! I know that!

I started a job as a teacher in January. I am a good teacher. The school however had OFSTED not long after I started and went into Special Measures. It is to say the least badly managed etc. as OFSTED have stated.

To cut a long story short, it has been very stressful and I have never worked in a place like this before.

All staff had an email regarding more OFSTED stuff etc. and I one evening stupidly responded and it sent to everyone! I basically criticised the school and the unsatisfactory teachers and had quite a rant!

I have had a lot of personal issues to deal with as well as tremendous pressure at work.

Needless to say, I have been suspended. There will be a disciplinary hearing soon and I suspect I may be dismissed.

I did write and apologise the next day!

Also, my union fees aren't up to date so I can't be represented and I am not allowed contact with colleagues.

I know I've done wrong! I don't want to be sacked and have some job interviews in line. I don't know whether I should resign?

I would appreciate any help and advice.

Thank you.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Their many Employment/HR experts who advise on the forum you might send some of them a PM with a link to your thread.

Their many Employment/HR experts who advise on the forum you might send some of them a PM with a link to your thread.

Is this helpful?

I am not a lawyer, so all my advice is provided on the basis that you will check them with a trained legal professional with legal insurance.:(

Hello,

I have been reading different messages and see how kind and helpful people are.

I am in trouble and have been extremely stupid!! I know that!

I started a job as a teacher in January. I am a good teacher. The school however had OFSTED not long after I started and went into Special Measures. It is to say the least badly managed etc. as OFSTED have stated.

To cut a long story short, it has been very stressful and I have never worked in a place like this before.

All staff had an email regarding more OFSTED stuff etc. and I one evening stupidly responded and it sent to everyone! I basically criticised the school and the unsatisfactory teachers and had quite a rant!

I have had a lot of personal issues to deal with as well as tremendous pressure at work.

Needless to say, I have been suspended. There will be a disciplinary hearing soon and I suspect I may be dismissed.

I did write and apologise the next day!

Also, my union fees aren't up to date so I can't be represented and I am not allowed contact with colleagues.

I know I've done wrong! I don't want to be sacked and have some job interviews in line. I don't know whether I should resign?

I would appreciate any help and advice.

Thank you.

Can you give a bit more info re your suspension - why were you suspended? Is it to carry out any investigations or are they saying your email was offensive? Also perhaps you could post details of what you said (anonymised of course) and if any of the comments are not justified,

#Also go to the union and beg/ plead with them to allow you to bring your dues up to date.

finally look at your home/ car insurance and see if you have any kind of legal protection - and read the fine print, you might be covered.

I am not a lawyer, so all my advice is provided on the basis that you will check them with a trained legal professional with legal insurance.:(

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi Moneychicken

Sending a PM is extremely helpful as the OP would receive advice from an expert, of course this will only happen if they pick up on the PM

Andy

Edited by old_andrew2007

It all depends on what was said in the Rant!!

If the op slagged off the head and or teachers then they may find that they get more than suspended/sacked

without info on the content then it is hard to offer advice.

however you are entitled to impartial representation at any diciplinary hearing, either a union rep fees up to date ot not, or a work colleague, assuming you have not alienated them all

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Hi Moneychicken

Sending a PM is extremely helpful as the OP would receive advice from an expert, of course this will only happen if they pick up on the PM

Andy

The experts give their time for nothing (and we are all grateful), however, if I were an expert, I'd rather not have a plethora of PM's with links to various posts, I'd rather look and provide assistance when I can (and when I have some time).

Reading PM's pointing me to posts (seems to me to be very similar spam) would simply use up my time less constructively than I would wish.

But of course I'm not an expert.

Guest Old_andrew2018

I answered your question in POST #4.

Dont you think we could be accused of hijacking this thread, what about us starting a discussion in the beer garden?.

Hannah1,

I do not profess to an expert but I do run payroll and HR for a company of about 175 people so I would qualify by experience and my time is free!!

Have you had an actual date for the hearing yet?- or have they contacted you in writing with the actual wording of the accusation against you?

I'm afraid as you have less than 12 months service with the school (I assume you joined the school as a new contract) your rights are more limited than post 12 months service.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Hannah - were you personally inspected by OFSTED?

I am just thinking about mitigating circumstances etc - as a new teacher you should have been exempt from any inspection and if they have allowed you to be inspected this would have of course placed undue pressure on you.

Thank you for all your comments. I was not observed, I wish I was though cos my lessons are good and the management have observed me enough to see that and also I raised the GCSE results in my subject from 4% to 77%.

I have now offered my resignation which they have accepted but want to to think about.

I did not name anyone personally and there are staff that do support me but reluctant to say so as is totally understandable.

I feel for my daughter who is in Yr 13 at the same place!

They say they may still have to report me to the GTC.

I have email evidence of having asked my line manager for support before half term and I had no response andwasn't taken seriously. They seemd to thinK I could cope with the relentless pressure.

Again thank you all and please keep responding, all viewpoints help!!

Guest Old_andrew2018

May I ask who sent the original e-mail, ie the one you responed too.

I very much doubt they would report the matter to GTC as realistically noone was named in your email there were no specifics and therefore I would find it hard to see how they can justify the GTC involvement nor really what the GTC could do about it.

I would write to them detailing your exam success rates speak for themselves - this is something a school in special measures obviously needs - why risk a slump in success rates by getting rid of you.

I would highlight that you have repeatedly requested assistance and have not recieved any - a no no for newly QTS - do you have AP support or something equivilant on a regular basis or like most schools is it just offered when OFSTED or QA happens??

If AP doesn't happen this needs to be highlighted as well - also what do they have in place regarding staff development?