fletcherGTO

one hell of a confusing situation!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3665 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

we recently moved out of our previous property, i put in writing our notice which was to end on the 30th, but the landlord verbally agreed that we are ok to move out on the 23rd so we wouldnt have to mess about with paying extra money etc.

so we moved out on the 23rd, then he wasnt happy with it, so we had to mess around and spend alot of money sorting things that were not really a problem, and things that were done prior to us even moving in! when we moved in we had to decorate the place, get rid of rubbish etc, which we did with no problems, when we moved out he made us make the place imacualte! decorate etc etc.

he was being very petty saying things like we not getting our bond back untill leaves are cleaned up etc.

anyway we finally got the bond back tonight, we a week deducted!

hes basically saying our months notice is up on the 30th of this month.

soo, if thats the case, surely i should still be entitled to do in to the property? also this week he has been in and out of the property, if hes playing it like that saying my tenancy is not up untill the 30th, hes braking the law entering the property with out giving me notice etc?

where do i stand here? surely he cant charge me for a week, take the keys back etc? if ive paid untill the 30th, i want them keys back!!

i told him im taking it further and i know for sure that my deposit should be in a DPS scheme, he said do wat you want, i will just put a counter claim in!

where do i stand here? really confused and VERY annoyed at the moment!

also i think he has calculated the rent wrong...

we pay rent on the 23rd of each month, hes saying our notice takes us up untill the 30th, hes gave us £383.20 out of the £520 bond... is this correct?

if we pay rent on the 23rd, that meand we have paid for the 23rd?

Give him 7 days to refund your 'week' as he deprived you of peaceful enjoyment for that same period by taking the keys and popping in and out as he felt.

Landlords should ALL be lined up and thrashed to within an inch of their miserable lives.

Give him 7 days to refund your 'week' as he deprived you of peaceful enjoyment for that same period by taking the keys and popping in and out as he felt.

Landlords should ALL be lined up and thrashed to within an inch of their miserable lives.

is there an technical term for that "deprived you of your peaceful right" ? or is that the correct phrase?

is there any sort of template letter i can use?