London000

London v Esporta

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask anyone here on this thread about the Esporta's Contract.

I have joined them 6 months ago and as I have been informed by one of the sales rep when I have signed the application form when I have requested oraly that I will sign up for 6 months as I have no job at the moment, then I could either extended or have a break for few months until I have a job.

I am under Job Seekers Al. and that is for almost 1 and 1/2 year.

I thought that instead of waisting the time I could join the gym so I can keep fit as well as I can use the free wireless they offer.

Anyway I have given my 3 months notice in writing handed it to reception. Went down another 3 months without having anyone coming around to tell me or even writing a letter to say that it is for 12 months contract and here I am, just received a letter (wrong address) as I have found it on the letter box outside (went to my neighbour) 4 days later.

They have given me 14 days to pay up the £79.00 and to continue with another 6 months(minus 5 days late until received) otherwise they will contact a DCA and they will charge a £30.00 if they do it.

Called them stright away (although the lady on the other side was asking my Phone number, email address - but told them that I do not disclose to anyone these sensitive info) and told them what has happened when I joined them. I did say that I hought it is only for 6 months which I have paid it and that in 30 days nobody contacted me to tell me anything.

I have said that I was unemployed since I have joined them and therefore I could not repay anymore.

What is the best way to do?? I feel that I am stuck and stupid to have signed up and not asking everything in writing...:?

Any advice would be much apreciated.

DD

First of all I am I member of esporta and have all the contract guff in front of me now - I could also mention that my mrs works for them as a freelance fitness instructor but it's not relevant, just want to give 'full disclosure as it were. But I'm on cag 'cos I like to try and help people

Your situation is a tough one. Item j on the back of the application form and section 9 of the terms talk about suspension on the grounds of redundancy - which extend the commitment to a full 12 months not counting the suspension. My advise would be to try and arrange a suspension on the grounds of financial hardship, best first port of call would be your membership liaison officer or general manager.

I can find no varience that would allow a 6 month only comittment in the terms and whilst they may have misled you, you did sign up to an agreement which says (if it's the same as mine) that it is a 12 month commitment at least 3 times in total on the front and back of the application - top of the front, middle of the front and item a on the back.

I know a suspension is only a 'stay of execution' but I really cannot see any other alternative.

Hope that helps

The onus is on you to check what you are signing. What is the point of signing a contract without knowing what is in it. Unless Esporta let you leave early you have no option but to pay up.

The onus is on you to check what you are signing. What is the point of signing a contract without knowing what is in it. Unless Esporta let you leave early you have no option but to pay up.

HI there Artmo,

Thank you for the advise. I know that these contracts are not very handy at these moments and for that I thought companies will try to take care of customers as much as possible for the future ...not only for the present.

I have been maganger myself for years and I have had the thing to be a more friendly and profesional relation company- customers. I have managed very well not only with the customers but with the team and profits for so many years.

Once the owner was changed and everything was down only to more and more profits....the companies I have managed to keep for so long turned around after the contracts expired for good.

I've met just 2 of my employers over a pint and those good times have vanished as most of the companies are gone....just as I will do with them once the contract expires..

Thank you once more,

God bless,

DD:cool:

Hi hungrybear,

Thank you so much for the time spent to look at a same contract I think I still have.

I am thinking to ask them the copy of my contract unless I will find it somewhere but it does sound that you are right about it.

I will keep you updated with the latest news but I am now thinking to pay up till the end...although it will be very hard.

Once the 12 months are up I can say a sweet good bye. They have lost me in the future as well as my friends I have brought up.

As Esporta management stands at the moment I would have to add that they have to do some more research with regards to customer service...as this side of the job it is one of the most important to get good reputation and more profit in the future.

I know that I am at the moment in difficult time but that was an opportunity for them to act.

May God bless them.

Thank you once more,

Hi hungrybear,

Thank you so much for the time spent to look at a same contract I think I still have.

I am thinking to ask them the copy of my contract unless I will find it somewhere but it does sound that you are right about it.

I will keep you updated with the latest news but I am now thinking to pay up till the end...although it will be very hard.

Once the 12 months are up I can say a sweet good bye. They have lost me in the future as well as my friends I have brought up.

As Esporta management stands at the moment I would have to add that they have to do some more research with regards to customer service...as this side of the job it is one of the most important to get good reputation and more profit in the future.

I know that I am at the moment in difficult time but that was an opportunity for them to act.

May God bless them.

Thank you once more,

Two things:

1) To leave after 12 months you must give them notice in writing after 9 months

2) I think the fact that they have just come out of administration and are still struggling (my wife gets to go to meetings about membership numbers) speaks for itself - my local club has lost 40% membership over the last 12 months.

and three (I'm sh!t at maths)

Make sure you bloody well and use it for the next 6 months - all your showers there etc - recoup as much as you can.

And yes they are crap at customer service. If you want a recommendation of a national chain for future reference then I would suggest nuffield (was cannons) - that's who I'm moving to on the 26th May 2010 - having terminated esporta with extreme prejudice on 26th February by recorded delivery.

If its that hard to pay them, you have nothing to lose by trying to get an hardship suspension, it would at least give you some breathing space.

Two things:

1) To leave after 12 months you must give them notice in writing after 9 months

2) I think the fact that they have just come out of administration and are still struggling (my wife gets to go to meetings about membership numbers) speaks for itself - my local club has lost 40% membership over the last 12 months.

and three (I'm sh!t at maths)

Make sure you bloody well and use it for the next 6 months - all your showers there etc - recoup as much as you can.

And yes they are crap at customer service. If you want a recommendation of a national chain for future reference then I would suggest nuffield (was cannons) - that's who I'm moving to on the 26th May 2010 - having terminated esporta with extreme prejudice on 26th February by recorded delivery.

If its that hard to pay them, you have nothing to lose by trying to get an hardship suspension, it would at least give you some breathing space.

Hi Hungrybear,

Thank you for the comments.

I thought about it and I came to the fact that I have to pay them at the end of the day. I found the contract and I have to pay the £50.00/ monthly....which is not to bad to keep me in shape.

When they have sent the Notice to pay up the £79.00 I was shocked. They have appologised for the mistake.

OH well! Looking from the other side...yes a shower/ swmming/ gym/ kids play rooms are coming handy until I am back to work:D.

I'll certanly double check what I am signing next thing....

Thank you once more,

HI there everyone,

I would like to ask the following question:

I remember when I have signed the contract for 12 months with Esporta, they have taken a photo (face). The receptionist did tell me that it is mandatory so nobody can use my membership card.

Is that true??

I am a bit unconfortable with the thing.

Maybe I am wrong but: how long will they keep it?? What is/are the requirement/S here with regards to that??

Anyone to hop in to explain if I should bring it to their atention, to get rid of it asap??

Many thanks,

HI there everyone,

I would like to ask the following question:

I remember when I have signed the contract for 12 months with Esporta, they have taken a photo (face). The receptionist did tell me that it is mandatory so nobody can use my membership card.

Is that true??

I am a bit unconfortable with the thing.

Maybe I am wrong but: how long will they keep it?? What is/are the requirement/S here with regards to that??

Anyone to hop in to explain if I should bring it to their atention, to get rid of it asap??

Many thanks,

Is this because you are an international sex god and your photo is copyright:D?

In theory they do put photo's on the computer system. If you want to make sure they get rid then when your contract ends their permission to process any data relating to you end, so to be sure send them a notice to cease and destroy under section 10 of the dpa

- I know for a FACT that several couples have a single membership that they both use

-I also know for a fact that my photo never went on the system

Is this because you are an international sex god and your photo is copyright:D?

No wonder why they were keep coming back:D:D:D

In theory they do put photo's on the computer system. If you want to make sure they get rid then when your contract ends their permission to process any data relating to you end, so to be sure send them a notice to cease and destroy under section 10 of the dpa

Will do that. Thank you.

- I know for a FACT that several couples have a single membership that they both use

They would not be able to keep up with all of my mistresses:razz:

-I also know for a fact that my photo never went on the system

Yeah, but you have no chance while I am around:shock:

Thank you once again.

DD:cool::cool::cool:

PS. :rolleyes: Don't I look cool?? Think you can keep up with me??