gbutterfly

Please help with Cabot!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3641 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone, I received help a few months ago from some regarding debt that Cabot Financial were seeking payment for and request CCA's etc. Cut a long story short they never provided copies and never came back to me, but I sent all the letters, chasing them after 12+2 days, 30 days defaults and so on. They sent me a letter yesterday with a load of odd looking copy statements, and no signed credit agreement, still no clues what they are talking about.

The letter states:

" I can confirm you applied for one of our cards on online application 26th June 206 at that time you wee approved and the account was authorised after 26th June 2006. Please note that the necessary consent would have been given by you at the application stage by agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. For for further clarification please refer back to the application which clearly states and I quote "Please read the summary box, full terms and conditions and privacy statement before applying". In order to progress with the application any further it would then be necessary for the applicaiton to tick the appropriate boxes. Please be advised that this is a digital signature and not that failure to give your consent in this manner would result in the inability to proceed any further with the application. Given the above, please be advised I am therefore unable to forward you a hard copy of your application. However please find enclosed a copy of the terms and conditions that were initially sent with your welcome park and card. "

Can they enforce the debt with this, and am I liable to pay them in light of this? If not, how do I respond to them?! Would appreciate any and all help.

Much thanks,

They need a credit agreement in the prescribed form in order to obtain an enforcement order from the court.

Best to post up what they are claiming is the actual agreement and then we can see if it has those prescribed terms.

Simplez :-)

as vjohn says if you can scan it, delete personal info and post up.

they should send you like a compute printout or screen dumps with all the details with a tick box

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)