oasisgirl

MNBA-Arrow Global - Bankruptcy help please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3645 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this but need some advise if anyone can help. In a bit of a pickle with our good friends Arrow Global. Had my head somewhere unpleasant but really need to get sorted now.

So story so far. Had a debt with MNBA which I did not pay. Next thing I know start getting correspondence from Weightmans Solicitors. Ignored them mostly. Then they issued a Statutory Demand which I also ignored (yeah stupid I know!). Finally the big one a Bankruptcy Hearing was set for 31st October. Following advise on these boards I wrote and requested a copy of my Credit Agreement and evidence of the Assignment of the Debt. Which they did not supply. Bankruptcy Hearing is adjourned until 8th January 2009.

Today I receive a crappy letter from Weightmans which encloses a photocopy of a faxed letter addressed to me (but original never received) dated 21st October 2009 and from MNBA enclosing a copy of the Notice of Assignment of Debt. The Notice is also just a copy and not on headed paper and is not dated. No copy Credit Agreement has been supplied as requested either.

So here is my question (finally)......Do I go back to Weightmans and tell them that what they've given me is a pile of rubbish and still no evidence of my debt OR do I make an application to the Court for the Bankruptcy Hearing to be set aside on the basis that the debt does not appear to have been assigned until the 21st October when the application for Bankruptcy was made on the 6th August!

Any thoughts?

Ta

Not absolutely sure, but it seems reasonable to me. Wait for confirmation from someone who is sure though.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.