RBS (Triton) playing games - really fed up with the pair of them

rainbow moon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a loan and an overdraft debt with RBS, I sent a letter to RBS when things started going wrong and they seemed understanding and put the interest and charges on hold. They asked for an income/exp form after I explained I could only make a token payment of £5 per monhth for the time being, I did send one thinking if they are going to play ball I have no problem showing them how little I have coming in at the time. After not hearing back from them, I sent another letter asking for payment details so I could set up a standing order and enclosed a cheque as the first months payment, still no reply from Rbs but the cheque was cashed.

I then received a letter from Triton, collecting on behalf of RBS and the whole thing started again, they wanted all the income details and to know how I was going to pay all the amount, yet again I sent off the same info with a reuqest to send me bank details so I could continue paying. I got a letter back saying they could not consider the token payment as no I/E form had been sent with the letter - it definately had. After getting advice on here I sent off a cca request to triton and a sar to RBS.

Yesterday I have received back the cca request from Triton stating they cannot provide the information as my signature does not match the one they hold on file, they have sent back everything, the cheque, cca application and my recorded delivery envelope. They want me to take id into my local bank before they can action but they also state that they cannot send out information for the many previous loan accounts I had with them if I don't have the account numbers - I do not have any paperwork so cannot provide them.

A coupld of days ago, my son took a phone message from a company called Apex who told him that my accounts had been transferred to them - at the time I had no idea which accounts as they didn't tell him that bit but I was angry that they had said anything to him, as I was out he took their number and said I would phone when I got back that night, they then continued to phone back every twenty minutes or so throughout the day - he ignored the calls and I didn't ring them just barred their number.

Today, I have two letters arrive from Apex who claim that they are dealing with the accounts on behalf of RBS, they want the full amount and a reply within 5 days. I have not heard anything back from RBS yet re the sar but no doubt will get the same response that I received from Triton.

Does anyone know what I should do next? I am annoyed that I have to pay again for the postage etc to get the details but even more annoyed they seem to be stringing me along. Sorry for the long post. Rainbow x

Send Apex this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute & this;

Dear Sir or Madam

Harassment by telephone

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. [if you Want Them to]

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully, **Print name do not sign**

Thank you cerberusalert for the letter, will send that straight away. I have blocked their phone number so all quiet at the minute. Is the account classed as being in dispute since they have sent all the request back to me and do I have to send again or just put it in dispute from the date they originally got the request?

Bladeboy I did sign the letter but not in my usual signature which is where they are questioning the true signature bit I think.

Thank you both for your replies. Rainbow x

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this saga, Apex have been back in touch by letter after I told them that these accounts were in dispute with RBS/Triton, They state they have been informed that RBS still want them to collect and if I don't respond with a payment plan within the next three days they are threatening court action. I have not heard back from RBS re the sar - they still are within the time limit, but they did return all my cca request stuff without acting on it. Not sure what to do with this now. Thanks for any replies Rainbow x