• Tweets

• No I have not. I will probably do that
    • Based on ECP's previous, what will definitely happen is this. They will send more idiotic letters. After they will send a Letter of Claim, and it is essential that your brother replies at this point to this to show them he would be big trouble in court. Next it is highly likely (but not certain) that they will crawl back under their stone and that will be the end of the matter. The slight worry is that if they do do court it will seem a likely story to a judge that your brother has no connection to the ticket, when it was him who appealed and replied to the Letter of Claim.  Indeed I think it would seem the lot of you were playing games with ECP and with the court by getting unconnected people involved and then later deny they were involved. So be aware there is that slight risk. You talked about "a mess" in your first post, and you weren't wrong. Someone hires a car and gets a ticket.  There is an appeal.  Who appeals, the hirer?  No, the hirer's mate's son.  Obvious! There is an approach for help to a consumer website.  By the hirer?  No, by the hirer's mate's son's brother! This is so damn silly and totally avoidable. Anyway, it seems the decision has been made for your brother to carry the can so whatever consequences will ensue will ensue. 
    • Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advice re CCA requests etc

spark42
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm thinking of sending them back the letter and postal order (that they sent back to me) with that paragraph highlighted - and on their cover slip writing "please see highlighted paragraph" - just so that way the ball is firmly back in their court.

It won't do any harm, and tells them very firmly that you won't just roll over and dance to their tune.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok cool - i'll post that off tomorrow, thanks peeps!

I'll report back with any replies / further developments - i really appreciate all the help. :)

If they send it all back again take the hint - they have no intention of enforcing beyond threat monkeying it.

And what amazes me is that monkeying is a real word!

The Art of Monkeying Around - After another plan of Baboon's goes wrong, he blames it on the ninja monkeys and fires them. They start to move into the Valley and take up Skunk, Bird and Ox's private spots. Now they have to make it look like they were defeated by the monkeys, so Baboon can take them back.

I may be in need of some sleep!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The Art of Monkeying Around - After another plan of Baboon's goes wrong, he blames it on the ninja monkeys and fires them. They start to move into the Valley and take up Skunk, Bird and Ox's private spots. Now they have to make it look like they were defeated by the monkeys, so Baboon can take them back.

I may be in need of some sleep!

I have always worried about the advise of someone who likes the word bazooka.

I do hope you have kids though with that quote, it COULD be the only thing that saves you - and yes I have two which is why I ask in the desperate hope that you can be saved.

(sorry, way off topic but I believe the OP has them spark out now:D)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again - ok, the 12+2 days is up and I've sent them the "account in dispute" letter today. I haven't heard anything more from Aktiv since their letter a couple of weeks ago, or from Credit Solutions since I sent them the letter back (with the paragraph highlighted) last week.

I'll post back if I hear anything further - I'm assuming they'lll try some threat badgering (thought I'd try a different animal verb!) once they receive this letter, but unless they send a copy of the credit agreement then I can just ignore them, is that correct?

Thanks again for the help with this, brilliant site, great advice - top stuff.

Hope you all have a great xmas, and a happy new year too - have a good 'un! :)

(and seeing as Rage Against The Machine are xmas no.1, the song I'm thinking of for this site is "Take The Power Back"... :D)

unless they send a copy of the credit agreement then I can just ignore them, is that correct?

Yes exactly, the account is now in dispute. do not discuss on the phone, everything in writing and any letters they send let us know on this thread so we can advise further also keeps you a diary of events.

Rage against the machine rocks, it shows Simon Cowell he doesnt own the charts lol.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
If they send it all back again take the hint - they have no intention of enforcing beyond threat monkeying it.

And what amazes me is that monkeying is a real word!

LOL you were right mate, that's exactly what they did!

I sent the letter back marking out the paragraph that clearly states their responsibility.

They've written back to me AGAIN returning my £1 fee and again asking me to contact the client directly.

The letter says:

"I write in reference to your letter dated 24th December 2009.

Please note I refer you to our previous letter dated 9th December 2009 whereby my colleague advised you that you would need to contact our client directly with your request for a copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement.

I enclose your £1.00 fee and a compliment slip in order for you to contact our client directly.

If you have any additional queries with regards to the content of this letter, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely,

Threat McMonkey

Complaints Officer"

Any advice? I could send the original letter back again, highlighting the paragraph that clearly states they are responsible for getting the CCA but I've already done that!

Or I suppose I can just ignore them now as they have not complied with my lawful request, the account is in dispute, and I am not liable for any payments until they provide the CCA I asked for?

If they send me any letters requesting payment I can just tefer them back to my original request which still hasn't been complied with.

Thannks in advance for any advice!

Ignore them. You've been reasonable and given them their chance, and anyway what are they going to do now?

If they follow the rules they can't badger you any more until your request has been complied with, so when they ignore the rules you would be quite entitled to write back and say 'no cca, account in dispute' without any reference to when or to whom you made the request. For all they know, you've taken their 'advice' and asked the OC and since they have no way of knowing if the OC has complied .....

Anyway, responding only encourages them in my experience. It's now one letter (or at least one stored on my computer, though I may have 'forgotten' to post a few) then ignore, ignore and ignore some more. The last 8 have just given up after between 0 and 3 letters.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I would have a good drink, then when you wake up with a hangover compose a letter along the lines of,

Tahnk you for your recent correspondence where you have confirmed that you are not worthy to hold a credit licence.

I am pleased to inform you that I have passed your letters which incorrectly state that I have to fetch and carry for you, along with a formal complaint to the OFT and Trading Standards.

I am also pleased to hear that you will no longer be pursuing me for an unenforceable 'alleged' outstanding balance, due to the lack of any CCA, and your lack of knowledge surrounding debt collection.

Please accept this letter as my final correspondence with you and I have now closed my files on your company.

:D good stuff, cheers people!

I'll file that letter away and put them out of my mind.

Although i'm very tempted to write that letter to them giving them a taste of their own medicine!

At least Aktiv were quite civil about it, put the account on hold and said they'd endevour to find the cca.

Credit Solutions seem to be a different kettle of fish, but to be honest they were the worst ones for sending random doorstep collection and ccj threats for no apparent reason, i suppose it's par for the course for them!

once again thanks for all the invaluable advice. Superb website and one more people should know about - it's great that people can take these unscrupulous pirates on. * :)

*(not my first choice of what to call them but this is an open forum after all! ;) )

• 5 months later...

Hello again!

Ok I've received a couple of letters with what look like credit agreements in them - what do I need to do, blank out any personal details / account numbers and scan them in, then upload them?

Bit miffed that they managed to find them... :sad:

yep - get them scanned onto here - remember to remove anything that can identify you - barcodes, address, name etc etc and someone with much more knowledge than your truly will advise you....about the whether they can be enforced.

if you cant scan them - try taking a photo and uploading this via photobucket (google it) and you can post them this way.

i seem to remember a couple of recent threads about all collection agencies for Egg returning CCA requests and stating that you had to go back directly to Egg for the CCA - clearly nonsense but have a lookie on some Egg threads.

good luck with it all - hope things turn out good for you V the arrogant badgers

TB

• Haha 1

Yeah, the couple I have are for Sainsbury's bank, the Egg one I did get a response like that so I've left it as it's quite clear in the cca request letter that they are responsible for getting the document... Silly dca's...:D

I'll get those two cca's scanned and uploaded tomorrow. Thanks for the advice! :)

Haven't had a chance to get to the library yet to scan my documents in... Should get it done before this weekend though. Cheers again for the help.

Hopefully they'll not mind seeing as it took them about half a year to comply with my request!

Additionally I'm getting threatening letters from another one of the dca's - Fredrickson International - these people have not complied with my cca request and now they're saying they are going to advise their client (Egg) to instruct their solicitors to issue a "claim" against me.

Any advice on how to handle this? They told me to go direct to client but the cca request letter is quite clear that I don't have to and that it's their responsibility..

If you've read a few of the Egg threads you'll know why they haven't complied with your CCA request, and what to expect if they ever get around to it.

You could write back with the account in dispute - no CCA stuff (as I said much earlier they don't know if/when you sent your request to their client and if/when their client complied). Out of interest, approximately how much is the alleged debt in round figures - i.e. is it likely to be small claims?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Ah no I haven't read any of the Egg threads but I did take note of the advice that this might happen...

The dca sent my £1 postal order back so not sure if that counts as account in dispute? I could print one off and send it, like you say...

The Egg debt is approximately £3k, not sure if that's a small claims court amount... This is all still pretty confusing for me!

They are obliged to supply a copy of the CCA on request and they have no right to return your request and tell you to ask the original creditor, therefore they are in default. Also, they don't know if you did ask the OC, and if the OC is also in default, therefore you are perfectly within your rights to send the account in dispute letter, amended to match your circumstances.

3K is small claims. If they take you to court, they will not get costs so the objective now is to hint that it might not be worthwhile - i.e. you're not just going to roll over and pay up but will force them to prove that they have an enforceable agreement, the default notice was correctly issued and compliant, the notice of assignment was correctly issued and the balance they are claiming is accurate and includes no charges etc. Sending the account in dispute letter is the first step. If you want to tweak it yourself, then post up what you have I'll be happy to do some proof reading.

RMW

They are obliged to supply a copy of the CCA on request and they have no right to return your request and tell you to ask the original creditor, therefore they are in default. Also, they don't know if you did ask the OC, and if the OC is also in default, therefore you are perfectly within your rights to send the account in dispute letter, amended to match your circumstances.

3K is small claims. If they take you to court, they will not get costs so the objective now is to hint that it might not be worthwhile - i.e. you're not just going to roll over and pay up but will force them to prove that they have an enforceable agreement, the default notice was correctly issued and compliant, the notice of assignment was correctly issued and the balance they are claiming is accurate and includes no charges etc. Sending the account in dispute letter is the first step. If you want to tweak it yourself, then post up what you have I'll be happy to do some proof reading.

Thanks reallymadwoman - much appreciated!

I've printed off the "in dispute" letter and will send that off today.

I've also finally managed to figure out the stone age scanner in the library and will post up my CCA replies from Sainsbury Bank later.

Thanks again :)

Ok here are my two cca replies.

The first one is from Aktiv Kapital regarding a Sainsbury's Bank loan, balance about £5k. Original cca request sent 2nd December 09, this was received 23rd June.

The second one is from Hillesden Securities for aSainsbury's Bank loan, balance about £500. Original cca request sent 24th January this year. This was received 21st June.

They look proper to me but I'd appreciate any advice...

Thanks again :)

cca1.jpg

cca2.jpg

Oops! Hmm don't know what went wrong there... Both are 1602 x 2268 .bmp files... Might try taking a photo.

They're both Sainsbury's Bank ones but are two separate ones.

Oops! Hmm don't know what went wrong there... Both are 1602 x 2268 .bmp files... Might try taking a photo.

They're both Sainsbury's Bank ones but are two separate ones.

ps they both look pretty genuine - what's the next step if they are?