ruthbridge demands and threats

james C
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i recieved a letter from ruthbridge Ltd asking for a sum of money to be paid in full. the letter listed different ways that the money could be obtained from me.... I'm sure this letter is a standard letter sent out and many of you know the threats they are: county court order, Attachment of earnings and a charge order to my property.

the letter says

Our ref : bla bla bla

Client name : Cabot Financial Europe limited

Assigned from : HBOS

Regarding : Loan

Balance : £******

The letter says they are instructed by the above named clients... now i'm not sure who they are, is it HBOS or Cabot?

i did have a credit card with Halifax and would at a guess think they are the client. this card was back in 2001/2002.

The thing is i'm not sure when i last made a payment for this credit card nor who i made the last payment to. I'm not sure how to check or where to find out.

Can Ruthbridge do anything ie; county court order if they are only acting on behalf of someone......?

just been thinking about this debt and think this debt has been past about to a few DCA castle and link spring to mind but not sure......

Send them a CCA request to see if they are entitled to collect this debt & if it's enforceable. If they fail to provide it within 12+2 days or the CCA is unenforcable you can legally withold any payment until they do. Send it recorded delivery enclosing a £1 postal order. When you get a reply, scan it & remove any identifying details and post it back here where we can have a look at it. We'll advise you from there; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

i recieved a letter from ruthbridge Ltd asking for a sum of money to be paid in full. the letter listed different ways that the money could be obtained from me.... I'm sure this letter is a standard letter sent out and many of you know the threats they are: county court order, Attachment of earnings and a charge order to my property.

the letter says

Our ref : bla bla bla

Client name : Cabot Financial Europe limited

Assigned from : HBOS

Regarding : Loan

Balance : £******

The letter says they are instructed by the above named clients... now i'm not sure who they are, is it HBOS or Cabot?

i did have a credit card with Halifax and would at a guess think they are the client. this card was back in 2001/2002.

The thing is i'm not sure when i last made a payment for this credit card nor who i made the last payment to. I'm not sure how to check or where to find out.

Can Ruthbridge do anything ie; county court order if they are only acting on behalf of someone......?

just been thinking about this debt and think this debt has been past about to a few DCA castle and link spring to mind but not sure......

Ruthbridge's name mentioned? - and Cabots too? ... Will be statute barred then..

Just hate every DCA out there

Ruthbridge's name mentioned? - and Cabots too? ... Will be statute barred then..

i was thinking the same ie: statute barred But if i send a S.A.R to HBOS and its not statute barred will this be classed as me making contact and stopping any chance of this being closed stopping it being statute barred?

The "welcome" letter from Ruthbridge is so full of threats they can never carry out it is almost funny. The letter has not been altered in any way for at least four years.

In the next few days you'll get a letter claiming they will start bankruptcy proceedings against you unless you contact them. In the same letter they will offer you a "substantal discount". They can't start bankruptcy either because the debt has not been proven and they don't have any paperwork.

Ignore that letter and you'll get \a letter offering you debt counselling. I imagine that will be another attempt at persuaing you to part with more cash than you need ie any. This letter too has not been altered for many years and includes a howler of a spelling mistake which has been noted on CAG many times.

If Cabot have asked Ruthbridge to chase you then it is probably safe to say it is statute barred. You can safely ignore Ruthridge but do send copies of any letters you receive from them to the OFT. They are currntly considering whether or not their consumer credit licence should be renewed Its been pending for near five months now.