Bank Debt

stev
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Owing a Large bank a large sum of money i cant afford to pay due to unemployment so i followed template procedure .

They have sent a letter wanting me to fill an expenditure sheet in, before my offer will be considered ,

Surely being in receipt of benefit i don't have to do this after all the law clearly states i need this minimum amount to live on, and my offer is in good will,

Any advice would be much appreciated .

The banks do not have the authority to see your personal financial details, only the courts and maybe HMRC have that ability, write and tell them you can only afford so much, and that is all they are entitled to, if the do not agree they have the option of taking you to court but if you really can only afford that amount then the courts can do nothing anyway on a non ptiority debt.

• 3 months later...

OK .

The **** has hit the fan i received notification of county court proceedings this morning .

I sent this bank about 10 registered letters offering a reduced payment on my loan while i am unemployed a few hundred pound could have been payed off by now:evil:, what to do they are asking for full repayment with interest .

Can anyone help how do i fill in this form from the county court any advice would be grateful.

OK, first course of action is acknowledge the claim, intend to defend in full. Then you need to get a CPR request off to get them to produce all the paperwork they intend to rely on

Hi H/Bear

What is a CPR and how do i go about getting it, and who do i send the request to??

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks everyone well it has been to court defended, and the judgment was that i have to pay £30 more then i can afford, because the bank would not accept my offer.

What can i do to reduce this judgment, i am on the dole and have told them this but it seems to fall on deaf ears , HELP PLEASE////

Defended on what basis? You were asked to put up the Particulars of Claim last month; which would have given us an opportunity to help you with a proper defence. What you now have is a CCJ which may have been preventable....

You may still be able to get this set aside, but it depends on what you mean by "defence". If you've already submitted a defence; admitting the debt in its entirety, you may have no grounds for a set aside now, but can still apply to have the monthly repayments lowered to an affordable level.

Defended on what basis? You were asked to put up the Particulars of Claim last month; which would have given us an opportunity to help you with a proper defence. What you now have is a CCJ which may have been preventable....

You may still be able to get this set aside, but it depends on what you mean by "defence". If you've already submitted a defence; admitting the debt in its entirety, you may have no grounds for a set aside now, but can still apply to have the monthly repayments lowered to an affordable level.

Sorry PriorityOne,

Everything has been happening just lately, yes i admitted the debt, no getting away from it really.

My defense was my circumstances lose of job, and the fact that i sent countless recorded letters offering a reduced monthly payment that was refused before it got to court and at court. how do i go about getting it reduced further? to something closer to what i offered £40, judgment £71 , income £314 pm.

Sorry PriorityOne,

Everything has been happening just lately, yes i admitted the debt, no getting away from it really.

My defense was my circumstances lose of job, and the fact that i sent countless recorded letters offering a reduced monthly payment that was refused before it got to court and at court. how do i go about getting it reduced further? to something closer to what i offered £40, judgment £71 , income £314 pm.

Unfortunately, what you thought was a defence.... wasn't a defence. They may not have had the correct documentation to go for the CCJ; which is what you needed to force them to produce in the body of your defence. If you've already admitted to the full amount they were after however, I doubt you can go for a set aside now....

In order to get the amount down to an affordable level, you need form N245 from here:

Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home