Where do i stand in this transaction with a Jewler?

Roger123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

Firstly what a great forum this is and a comendable service given by members. So, cheers for that!

Anyway, i'm here regarding a relatively small issue.

I went out and bought a ring for my girlfriend's birthday - nothing too fancy or expensive. Anyway, i go in and they don't have any. So, they order one up for me to be made. I gave them all the details, they right it all down, give me a receipt with £145 on it. I payed that, on my card and the arrangement was to pick the ring up tomorrow.

The guy literally just phoned me and says the ring is going to cost £295 now... so, yeah.

Do i have any grounds to stand on regarding resisting to pay the extra cost? My understanding is that they're in breach of contract law. Thoughts anyone?

Cheers

Jamie

that would be my initial thought, if you have alreay paid then they have formed a contract to provide those goods

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

you are within your rights to collect the ring you have already paid for at the agreed price,there are a few options open to you here, you can report them to trading standards, (tell them this, see what there reaction is) tell them they have legal obligation to supply goods as agreed in the signed contract, or your within your rights to get a full refund, if they refuse a refund back to your card, phone up card company and they will be able to claim it for you, however as i said if you really want the ring as per agreement , ask them for number of head office and tell them you are going to make an official complaint of non compliance with a legally binding contract, hope this helps.(if all else fails go to your c.a.b, but i dont think it will get that far)

Edited by sailor58

• 1 month later...

I am a retail jeweller and cant think why a ring would cost twice as much to order, or size. I reckon he had priced it wrong on the display, and agreed to sell it to you by mistake. The contract is made. And you should get the ring for the original price.

Its WAR