Mackenzie Hall--Cabot Financial/Barclays Bank

Gazzer83

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a text from Mackenzie (dont know were they got my number) and then they phoned my employer and left a message for me. I didnt realise it was them and phoned them. I gave ref and they asked me to confirm my address for Data Protection, i said you dodnt need it and they said they did i asked who they were she said Mackenzie and hung up. How did they find out who my employer is. This a new job and i dont want to loss it. I remember having a CCard but cany remember how long ago. As i phoned them does this count as contact and so null the 6 years if it is slightly less than the 6. I get at least 1 letter a week for the last 2 months but i have been away with my job. Where do i go from here. Do i send them a CCA request for the original ??? I dont want them contacting my employer again

I received a text from Mackenzie (dont know were they got my number) and then they phoned my employer and left a message for me. I didnt realise it was them and phoned them. I gave ref and they asked me to confirm my address for Data Protection, i said you dodnt need it and they said they did i asked who they were she said Mackenzie and hung up. How did they find out who my employer is. This a new job and i dont want to loss it. I remember having a CCard but cany remember how long ago. As i phoned them does this count as contact and so null the 6 years if it is slightly less than the 6. I get at least 1 letter a week for the last 2 months but i have been away with my job. Where do i go from here. Do i send them a CCA request for the original ??? I dont want them contacting my employer again

Just relax. If they ring again, just tell them that you will only deal with the matter in writing. They will contact you by letter eventually, at which time you will know what you are dealing with and act accordingly.

As far as I am aware, the 6-year rule applies to any acknowledgement of the debt, i.e. making a payment. If you haven't paid anything for at least 6 years it is statute barred.

There are plenty of people on here with experience of this lot (not me) and you will get all the advice you need.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Just read your post again and realise that they have already made contact by letter. This being the case, send them off this letter: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/131250-dca-creditor-harassment-telephone.html

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

statute barred is six years uk

five in scotland

Thank you Fred will post first thing in the morning. Is there anything i can do about them contacting my employer ?

Well it is a difficult situation, but that letter will be the start of it. Can you approach your employer? A lot of people are in the same boat and they might be sympathetic.

Fred

Have dug out my old credit report and it says i defaulted in 2005 with the card issued in 2001. I know that i didnt have a card in 2004 or 2005 or make any payments but i did write to them in 2005 and say i couldnt pay them (after a letter out of the blue). Does that count and the 6 years starts again from 2005

It is approx 7 years since i had the card a 4.5 years since i wrote. As i had no comms i must have ditched the paperwork. ( wish i hadnt). So i cant even quote the card number. I do know that i saught help from the CAB who wrote on my behalf.

Will be sending off letter tomorrow as have just come out of hospital after emergency apendectomy in early hours of sat morning. Have had yet another letter re BC that i know is stat barred. How can i stop these as they seem to ignore my letters, even recorded delivery ones.