Interest still being charged after DMP

MALCOLMGILL
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi managed to get my charges refunded through this site earlier on when reclaiming charges was in its early days full refunds. Went onto a DMP and went through all the hassle of nuisance phone calls, badgering threats, a very unpleasant time, from the Gangster Bankers that was 3 years ago, everything has settled down now and i have no banks accounts and no credit cards (very liberating) how ever after 3 years on DMP sticking to it religiously i am now £3.000 worse off theses idiots have just kept adding interest to my debt !! this cant be right can it? any suggestions?

p.s

Have also had an outstanding complaint against a Bank with the ombudsman now for over 12 months still not resolved.

Edited by MALCOLMGILL
MISS SPELLING

Can you give some more details please, i.e. for each account

What sort of account is it - bank, credit card, loan?

Is it still with the original creditor?

About how much is outstanding?

Have you been given statements showing the charges that have been added?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Yes i have spoken to cccs several times about this the banks can charge interest if they want,they cant stop them! all debts have been passed on to collectors cc, b a/c, loan, (in debt for life mate!!) this is my complaint to the ombudsman how can they keep charging interest ?

there morally corrupt!

banker gangsters! strike again................

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

A DMP is an INFORMAL arrangement which isn't legally binding on your creditors. They can freeze interest and charges at their own discretion, this isn't something that they have to do. Having said that you should complain to the lender in question on the grounds that their actions are unreasonable and likely to flout the guidelines within the new Lending code.

Who are the creditors?

NB: I shall be moving this thread to within the debt forums shortly, if you find it has gone from the Welcome forum you'll be able to locate it within the Debt Action group sub-forums.

Hi I have not heard of this new lending code were can i find information about it?

creditors are

AMERICAN EXPRESS

BARCLAYS BANK PLC

BLAIR, OLIVER & SCOTT

CAPITAL ONE BANK

CAPQUEST DEBT RECOVERY

CL FINANCE

LINK FINANCIAL LTD

METROPOLIT COLLECTION SERV'S LTD

RBS Natwest Cards

Have stuck religiously to dmp this is reply from cccs,

Whilst most creditors recognise your efforts to repay your debt through your Debt Management Plan and will reduce or totally stop charging interest, some creditors will not. They are within their rights to continue charging interest. At the start of your DMP, we asked your creditors to consider stopping interest charges. If any of your creditors are still charging interest, we would suggest that you write to them to ask them to reconsider the charges in light of your efforts to repay through the DMP.

Which creditors are still charging interest?

If those accounts are credit cards, store cards or loans, perhaps you should ask for a copy of the agreement as they're not playing fair and see if they can produce paperwork that is correct.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.