mistakenly been paid?

J4L
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

As the title says 'I've been mistakenly been paid' in my bank account from a employment agency, I should of been paid for the training day session which I attended, but, however they've paid me extra 2-weeks of money which I haven't worked for?

Now, the question is, can they withdraw that money back? though they have paid it into my bank account by error? Should I phone the agency and notify them their error, or should I keep hushy hush about it due to tough economic times :-?

Regards

Jal

You know you're not entitled to it, therefore keeping it is theft. There have been a couple of high profile court cases reported in the press with similar circumstances.

It has been paid to you by mistake and you should give it back as soon as possible.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I agree, they will get it back one way or another. Better to do it now before you have to go into debt to pay it back or do it by court order, also with it being an employment agency it could affect you getting future work with them and cost you a lot more.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Technically it's theft under Section 3(1) of the 1968 Theft Act, if you refuse to give it back when asked.

It's a greyer around the area of whether you need to inform the agency (from a legal, not moral point of view).

If you intend to wait for the agency to ask for the money back (ie. if you don't just give it to them straight away), then don't spend it, whatever you do. Stick it into a savings account for safe keeping. Then, when they ask for it back, give it to them. Any interest would be yours, any costs would be theirs.

As above, gut wrenching giving it back, especially this near Christmas, but I'm sure they will remember you next time a suitable job comes up.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

As much as it bites, it needs paying back! Its the same thing as if a random person in the street was to give you £300 thinking that you were someone else. That money wasn't meant for you and you (unfortunately) have to pay it back.

I personally, haha, would have waited till after Christmas. lol