Paypal Issue

james631
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recently received my first letter from EOS Solutions about an alleged paypal debt:

Date: 22nd November 2009

Reference: xxxxxx

Out Client: Paypal Private LTD

Total Amount Payable: £74.94

This account is seriously overdue for payment. The amount must be paid now in order to prevent further action being taken to recover the money

Please contact the Arrears team on Tel: 08443729677 (Mon - Fri 8 a.m. - 20.30 p.m and Sat 09:00 - 13:00)

This is your final opportunity to make payment prior to any further administrative charges being applied to your debt. Contact our arrears team immediately on the above number to respond to this matter

Yours Faithfully

MR S LIDDLE

Recovery Manger

My question is what should I do about this letter? I have drafted up a CCA letter so should I send that off first?

I am tempted to ring them to see exactly what they say.

Also can they legally add admin charges to the debt?

Can I do the same back to them for each letter I send?

Any help you could give me would be great :)

James

Welcome to CAG :)

Never phone them - that's exactly what they want, so that they can lie and bully you :eek:

They cannot legally add charges.

Send them a "prove it" letter - there is no CCA involved, so asking to see one won't do you any good. Send it recorded delivery, and the alleged debt will then go into dispute when they get the letter, at which point they aren't allowed to chase you until such time as they do provide valid proof.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just spoken to them and recorded the entire conversation.It basically just de-stresses me to wind these twunts up.

The silence at the beginning is me after deleting my reference numbers.

So, there we go.

did drop a bit of a clanger, i miss read the date of the letter and told him it was the 21/10/09, it was actually 2/10/09.

Still, dropped a spanner in their works.

Oh, and course, #31# from a mobile or 141 from a landline to stop CLID before calling them and dont give them any details.

Untitled2.mp3

Edited by cornz

I've just spoken to them and recorded the entire conversation.It basically just de-stresses me to wind these twunts up.

The silence at the beginning is me after deleting my reference numbers.

So, there we go.

did drop a bit of a clanger, i miss read the date of the letter and told him it was the 21/10/09, it was actually 2/10/09.

Still, dropped a spanner in their works.

Oh, and course, #31# from a mobile or 141 from a landline to stop CLID before calling them and dont give them any details.

Nice, But ... did you not admit the debt by saying how it occured.. you also refused to give your address at the beginning but then at the end confirmed they are sending letters to the right address lol... so they know for sure where you are now anyhow LOL

I had these jokers send me a letter the same as yours, I called them in a craddy mood and let them have it double barrel ... ! I asked for proof of debt, and for their registered office address etc. ... because I refused to go through security, which they tried to tell me "I had to by law"... they refused to give me the company's details ! saying its a breach of the DPA ! lol JOKERS !

From some other threads ive read on here they seem to be another "bottom scraper" that deal with catalogue type debts and the like.

If you have no idea what this is about i would ignore it till they expand more on what they are about.

Here's a link to a previous post on EOS that might give you some info, even a good laugh when you read #4

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/164564-eos-solutions-contacted-me.html

Edited by boswell
typo

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

Nice, But ... did you not admit the debt by saying how it occured.. you also refused to give your address at the beginning but then at the end confirmed they are sending letters to the right address lol... so they know for sure where you are now anyhow LOL

I had these jokers send me a letter the same as yours, I called them in a craddy mood and let them have it double barrel ... ! I asked for proof of debt, and for their registered office address etc. ... because I refused to go through security, which they tried to tell me "I had to by law"... they refused to give me the company's details ! saying its a breach of the DPA ! lol JOKERS !

Yeah i know but i dont really give a toss. They can keep em coming and i'll keep winding em up. My goal is to cost em more in admin and hassle chasing me than the value of the debt.

Then i'll offer some derisory offer of a pound a week and that they must send a payment form, which i shall post, with no stamp. I'll cost em thousands!!!!!!

• 4 months later...