mu1tip1e debts

kia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya im putting this on for a friend whos in a1ot of troub1e money wise in the hope something can be done right this woman has mu1tip1e debts which i wi11 1ist as fo11ows

Natwest over draft 14,394.13

MBNA 11,931.52

Nationwide 7,129.34

Provident 629.00

Swift Advances 4,126.00

Abbey 904.23

Abbey overdraft 1,783.18

these been the worst debts the others been sma11er and not as important i fe1t now the Nationwide one she thinks is statut barred as she thinks its at 1east 5 years o1d and doesnt even remember having the debt so is there anything can be done about that one ?

The MBNA is the most important one as they have an order on her house dated in the summer and i know i wi11 get to that soon is there anything we can do to he1p her with this i have warned her though might not be anything and she might 1ose her house a1though as yet they havent done.

The swift advances one ive 1ooked and be1ieve they dont have a va1id cca what can be done with this as this is secured on the house too.

These got 1ike this cos she had a1ot of hea1th issues and fami1y prob1ems going on at the time she made arrangements with the citizens advice to pay a pound a week towards them which they accepted but never paid em cos of a11 the fami1y stuff going on so i said i wou1d try to he1p any way i can do ive he1ped her draft some sar requests cos she does have 1oads of bank charges and credit cards and ive he1ped draft another one asking can she start payments again at one pound a week to see if this he1ps any advice wi11 be much appreciated thank u xxxxxxxxkia

I would set up a thread for each one and then post the individual documents on each post... do not put any additional info on the thread... just post the documents. Then we can look at the docs as if one of us had received them in the post.

In the meantime... forget SARs... what you need to do is get this woman some respite from the creditors.

I would draft a letter stating that due to severe family problems, health issues and stress she is authorising a third party to handle her affairs until she is well enough again. Make sure the letter marks you as the official third party and then draft an immediate letter requesting that all of the accounts are put on hold for 3 months, with interest frozen, to allow you time to gather all of the information together about the woman's finances.

This then puts you in the driving seat because the OFT Debt Collection Guidance contains a number of points about what steps companies with credit licences are able to take when people have requested third parties to deal with their accounts and, more importantly, what they must do when confronted with vulnerable debtors.

Once you have done that you have some breathing room where you can collate a file for each debt. If you are under pressure from them it can make things worse in my opinion. If you need any help with drafting letters etc then drop me a PM.

Good luck,

vjohn82