Some urgent advice please

lisaf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please advise me on a problem I have with HSBC credit card?

Basically last year (I think) I received a judgement against me for an outstanding £3k c/c as I didn't defend in time.

A couple of months ago I rec'd an order from the court with an attachment of earnings which I filled in and sent back. They subsequently sent me a 'general form of judgement or order' ehich said:

1/ The attachment of earnings application be adjourned generally with liberty to restore, the Defendants income being less than her protected earnings rate.

2/ Any party may apply within 7 days of service of this order to the order set aside or varied.

So, I just though well that is it for now and they can't do anything until my financial circumstances change.

This morning I receive a 'notice of issue of warrant of execution' saying that as I have not paid the judgment as ordered I have until the 2nd Dec to pay. I am so worried - I have tried to call bailiff office this morning but it had closed for the day.

My circumstances have changed a lot since I last posted on here. I have since had a baby (October) and my partner has now left our home and we are no longer in a relationship so I have all that to contend with and now this!

Please please advise

Lisa x

Can someone please advise me on a problem I have with HSBC credit card?

Basically last year (I think) I received a judgement against me for an outstanding £3k c/c as I didn't defend in time.

A couple of months ago I rec'd an order from the court with an attachment of earnings which I filled in and sent back. They subsequently sent me a 'general form of judgement or order' ehich said:

1/ The attachment of earnings application be adjourned generally with liberty to restore, the Defendants income being less than her protected earnings rate.

2/ Any party may apply within 7 days of service of this order to the order set aside or varied.

So, I just though well that is it for now and they can't do anything until my financial circumstances change.

This morning I receive a 'notice of issue of warrant of execution' saying that as I have not paid the judgment as ordered I have until the 2nd Dec to pay. I am so worried - I have tried to call bailiff office this morning but it had closed for the day.

My circumstances have changed a lot since I last posted on here. I have since had a baby (October) and my partner has now left our home and we are no longer in a relationship so I have all that to contend with and now this!

Please please advise

Lisa x

Give the court a ring ASAP and ask whether an application has gone in to vary the order of the court... and if yes why you have not received a copy if it has... if not I believe you can apply for a suspension of a warrant but I'm not sure of the process, the court clerk may be able to tell you.

Also this serves as a bump

...and this needs moving to the legal section too.

S.

As advised already, I would try ringing again in the AM when they re-open, if by lunchtime I would attempt going there in person to try to get some answers, although I am unsure as to whether or not this is permitted without prior appointment??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks BazookaBoo. Will defo keep holding until someone picks up! I think you are allowed to just visit but it is a fair bit away from where I live but I will have to go if they won't answer the 'phone!

Will defo keep holding until someone picks up! I think you are allowed to just visit but it is a fair bit away from where I live but I will have to go if they won't answer the 'phone!

Just keep trying them and if they don't answer by 1PM say then go down there.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sorry - just been through all of my paperwork regarding this claim and hsbc did threaten a charging order months ago and were granted an interim one (i think - sorry this has been a really tough year and I have loads of other debts and stuff going on) but I'm sure I never got notification of a final charging order being granted.

But if it has then surely they wouldn't be chasing for a warrant of execution?

Lisa :confused:

just rang the court and they advised me to call DG sols direct. Spoke to a fairly nice person! And they have advised suspending the warrant and they will agree to a low payment every month to clear the £3k.

Feel much better now - couldn't sleep properly all night!

Many thanks

Lisax

just rang the court and they advised me to call DG sols direct. Spoke to a fairly nice person! And they have advised suspending the warrant and they will agree to a low payment every month to clear the £3k.

Feel much better now - couldn't sleep properly all night!

Many thanks

Lisax

Ok well done Lisax at least you have some sort of agreement in place.. do ensure you get something in writing tho if possible.

S.