Abbey and the Data Protection Act

Seminole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

Hello everyone i've just joined today

heard about this through my bf and he suggested that i take a look because abbey is charging me almost 2 hundred quid for going over drawn by about 3 quid so i'm going to see if they can take of all the charges this would not have had happened if there had been a 10 pound buffer for basic account holders (i noted on this site something about that).

Although i think they should do it for everyone. banks are horrible. Nationwide building society is the best i've been with them for years and they have been great. xxthank you nationwide, abbey arrhhh i'm going to use my consumer rights to sort this out, once i get my head round all site. xx

anyone with any advice to make this clear, some one did mention that although charges are legal they are unlawful and can be seen as unreasonable in a court of law therefore banks settle out of court.

does anyone know where on the site is that information?

i haven't looked yet, thought i'd post this first just to say hi!

I'm going to email everone i know and tell them about this. The site is a wonderful idea, internet is the age of free knowlegde sharing

where will is all lead!

Empowerment of you and I!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Thanks

2006 RatNest - Personal a/c:

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim, Oct Settled in full £7,000

2006 RatNest - Ltd Co a/c

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim, Oct Settled in full £8,000

2006 RatNest - Hub's a/c

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim,Sept Settled in full £1,000

Ooops! Thanks Glen and Liz.....no Abbey a/c's open at all. Will do as you suggest. Willpost on my thread from now....keep an eye out for me....Ta!

Best wishes

Lellypea

2006 RatNest - Personal a/c:

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim, Oct Settled in full £7,000

2006 RatNest - Ltd Co a/c

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim, Oct Settled in full £8,000

2006 RatNest - Hub's a/c

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim,Sept Settled in full £1,000

I have been having a running battle with Abbey over statements requested last August. The contact in Abbey does not appear to read letters properly i requested 3 years she's on about 6 yrs statements i am writing to her again with this information and will keep you informed. if they refuse to send the information could i say to them that i will have to use the last 14 months as a guide for claiming, or is that not a good thing to do??? Stephen Yorke

Stephen

My advice is to ask for all the information for your account history, if you used the SAR template from the library on this foumr thats what you have asked for.

If this only amounts to three years then so be it, but otherwise you shold ask for the lot.

WIth regards to the letters they send you if they havent provided the info wihtin 40 days they havent complied and my advice is to file a claim at court for non-compliance.

If you dont have your own thread why not start one and post all your info and questins in there?

If you want some info on how to make a claim have a look at my thread Glenn Vs Co-op which might give you some ideas. I took the Co-op to court for non-complaince.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Footiefan

More or less, i suppose in theory there are some variations but i used exactly the same approach for MBNA and Barclaycard as i did for Abbey.

I would suggest you have a read of the FAQs and theres a step by step guide somewhere, then start your own thread in the relevant bank forum.

You should get some help from others in the same position as you and if you get stuck hopefully someone who has some experience Can help you out.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi I may be asking an already answered queastion but can someone help me, I have recieved my bank statements form The Bank of Scotland and I went in to enter them in to the spread sheet. On the spread sheet in the In Respect of Column it gives the reasons for the claim as unpaid D/D charge or unpaid cheque charge, unfortunatly on my statement it only tells me Charge as Notified. Do I have to provide the bank with the exact reason for my claim i.e unpaid cheque charge or is it acceptable to enter Charge as notified as is on my statement. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

GERMAC,

Just write it as wrote on your statement - if it says "charges as notified" then that should be fine as far as I am aware.

Some Banks write to customers when a charge is due to occur and it usually describes in the letter what the charge was etc..and when the charge money is due to go out of account - that's why on statements it will show as "charges as notified" - because you had already been notified as to what and when the charge occured.

My hubby had this on his Halifax account and when he claimed he wrote "charge as notified" in his schedule as he was working figures from statements. It was quite acceptable and wasn't questioned by the Bank at all.

With statements like this a customer has to use this term unless they have access to the actual letters notifying them of the charges - which isn't always supplied with the SAR info - so the statements is the only source to work from?

(you see with the SAR banks ought to be sending customers "all" the information they hold on the customer - which will include statements, letters previously sent, transcripts of telephone conversations held on screens etc.. - while the Banks aren't fully complying with the SAR's as requested - then they will have to accept this as the best form of information that can be given to them for the purposes of the schedule of charges etc..- my thoughts are that if they want better information on the schedules - they ought to be putting the efforts in and "fully complying" with the SAR as requested - they take the 10 quid after all?)

very sorry but i dont know how to start my own thread....and i want to know if i can claim back charges or interest from a extautionate hsbc managed loan? please help anybody xx

Baronis,

go to the HSBC forum and click new thread on the first page, you can then give it a title etc.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Having requested by bank statements for the past five years going back to 2001 I have only recieved staements going back to 2004. I am at present going through these staements but what can i do about the statements i have not recieved. Do I make a claim on th eones I have and send another letter or do I wait until I reciev all the others.

Gerrmac,

you should contact them and ask again for the missing statements etc.. you have already paid for these so it's just a case of them actually fulfilling your request now. There may be a contact name and number that came with the statements you already have?

If you start your own thread in the relevant forum - you will more easily get help etc.. and we can keep track of your progress too - this will help others dealing with the same bank etc..

I have started my own thread under Bank of Scotalnd but did not get any response, I maybe set it up incorrectly as this is my first time in any type of forum. I do appreciate all the advise I have had so far and will keep everyone posted. I have now sent my letter of to my credit card company to attempt the same thing. Keep fighting the good fight.

• 2 weeks later...

BEWARE - last week I sent of an LBA as I had not recieved my statements from April 01 to April 04. I called the Bank of Scotland today to ask if they were on route to me. I was informed that because it was statements from before April 04 they have to be requested from another department as this is when the amalgimated with the Halifax. The girl told me she would send them an urgent e-mail requesting the statements blah blah blah. Just be aware that if you are requesting statment from BOS maybe you should indicate on the letter that they should request these from the other department so that you recieve them at the same time. I believe that this is just another delaying tactic from the banks. Keep up the good fight.

Hiya ,

My first post I'm in the middle of claiming my charges back from abbey it went to money claim yesterday I'm claiming back £15153 with interest so far they have offered me a good will payment of £2460 so I wait with baited breath. Abbey did make it fiddly to make my claim initially they only sent me 13months of statements then a badly copied microfiche of the previous 5 years.:???:

Night Nurse off to bed goodnight

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks