Excel Parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad:I recently parked in a free parking space in a leisure/retail park after having a sandwich from McDonalds (part of the leisure park) - which I ate in the car. I checked the parking sign above the car to see if there was a time limit but there was not. I walked across the road to sit an exam. After the exam I then walked back over the road, into American Golf Discount store (part of the leisure park) and back to the car.

I found that I had received a PCN for £60 for leaving the leisure complex and video evidence taken.

Apparently the car spaces are only to be used for the leisure park but the sign above the car made no mention to that. Apparently there are other different signs dotted around the car park with the Leisure park stores logo - however it was not clear that this meant cannot leave the leisure park - (technically I did use the leisure park services twice.

I could not afford the £60 within 7 days, and refuse to pay a £100 fine now. I have received 2 letters since threatening court action. I feel a bit conned by the whole event as it was unclear that you cannot leave the leisure park complex.

Any advice? Is this enforceable? Should I write to them? Should I pay? PLease help!

Edited by markw123

Any advice? Is this enforceable? Should I write to them? Should I pay? PLease help!

Don't write to them - you will be seen as a fish starting to bite the bait.

As you will have probably read already the advice would be the same as with all other PPC Invoices:

1. Ignore

2. Ignore

3. Return to Step 1

If you haven't already expect a letter from Roxburghe "Debt Collectors" suggesting they will pass things along to their solictor if you don't pay. Ignore - its part of their "business plan" to make you think you have no option but to pay.

After that expect your file to be moved accross the office to another desk and then receive perhaps two letters from a solictor using the name Graham White (aka Micheal Sobell) suggesting if you don't pay they will consider legal action and nasty things will happen. You might notice that the phone number for Roxburgh is one digit different to that of Micheal Sobell. Strange eh ?

After that it would seem you won't receive anything else - you become a fish that got away.

It was a free carpark - they didn't incur any losses. You don't owe them anything.

Read up on Private Parking Companies (PPC's) on this and other forums - understand how they work - in a nutshell scaring people into paying money.

What is just as concering is that the DVLA are as complicit in this whole [problem] as the likes of Excel as they are quite happy to reap a few pounds for every Registerd Keepers Details they provide to these PPC's on the basis they have "Due Reason" despite the fact many would argue it is a against the Data Protection Act and they have no reason to supply this information.

If your going to write to anybody send a letter to your local MP demanding action that the DVLA should be stopped from doing this.

Remember that whilst it is presented to you as a PCN it IS NOT A Penalty Charge Notice - something issed by the Police or Council which would be a different ball game alltogether.

HTH.

:mad:I found that I had received a PCN for £60 for leaving the leisure complex and video evidence taken.

It's evidence of nothing.

I could not afford the £60 within 7 days, and refuse to pay a £100 fine now.

It's not a fine, it is in fact no more than a begging letter.

I have received 2 letters since threatening court action. I feel a bit conned by the whole event as it was unclear that you cannot leave the leisure park complex.

If they had any chance of 'court action' do you really believe you would get letter after letter?

Any advice? Is this enforceable?

No

Should I write to them?

No

Should I pay?

No

PLease help!

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I just received one as I was walking back to my car today. was only gone 15 minutes to get change for the machine.

He was writing out the ticket as I got there. I said to my wife to get a ticket and the guy said why bother, let me stick this ticket on your car instead because you can now park for free as you have a ticket already. Like a fool I did then went into the restaurant and ate.

I assume he then got his photos. I didnt really think at the time.

Ive read all the posts on here saying ignore but not any outcome. How long have people been ignoring and how much extra have they charged?

I aint got £60 but feel im going to have to pay it because I dont want to ignore and end up with baylifts coming round.

I just received one as I was walking back to my car today. was only gone 15 minutes to get change for the machine.

He was writing out the ticket as I got there. I said to my wife to get a ticket and the guy said why bother, let me stick this ticket on your car instead because you can now park for free as you have a ticket already. Like a fool I did then went into the restaurant and ate.

I assume he then got his photos. I didnt really think at the time.

Ive read all the posts on here saying ignore but not any outcome. How long have people been ignoring and how much extra have they charged?

Because if you ignore the only outcome will be the give up. Most people don't come back to report that (although some do).

Do you think the advice would be Ignore if that wasn't the way to handle a Invoice such as the one you have ?

I aint got £60 but feel im going to have to pay it because I dont want to ignore and end up with baylifts coming round.

Bailiffs are not going to come round, your credit rating will not be effected and so on (despite the letters you will receive in attempt to make the unwary and gullable think otherwise). For anything like that to happen:

1. You must be taken to Court

2. You must loose the case

3. You refuse to pay the Court after the event

The PPC that issued your Invoice are not going to venture anywhere near [1] as they wouldn't stand a chance of getting anywhere so their threats are as empty as a bottle with nothing in it.

Chances are the Invoice you have received doesn't comply with law anyway - eg must have the Companies Regsitsered address in full and so on.

By all means pay the £60 (you don't have) and at the same time let me have your address and I'll send you an Invoice for £100 covering my time in typing this message for which I expect payment by return. Thanks.

Blagton

Don't worry about it. You won't be going anywhere near a court, nor ailiffs round your house.

They work on fear factor.

Try as i might, i can't get these muppets to take me to court. Even asked them to do so. Nope, won't do it.

how much extra have they charged?

Bear in mind that the 'charge' increase is an arbitary figure plucked out of the air. You'd think it was a bit strange if your telephone bill was £10 and then two weeks later it suddenly became £80, just cos BT felt like it!

My wife paid the £60, can do without the stress and fear of being taken to court.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Congratulations you've just thrown £60 down the drain and caused the PPC's to perhaps stay around just a little bit longer. I'm sure any worthy charity would have welcomed such a donation.

I can hear the laughter from Excel from here. Your not Simon Renshaw-Smith in disguse are you ?

Oh, forgot to say your wife owes me £100 for the message I typed earlier. If you don't pay I'm going to take you to court. Be warned this will not go away.

Blagton.

Edited by Blagton
Increased the charge to £100 as previously mentioned.

OP's choice. £60 is obviously worth the peace of mind.. ;)

Slight correction DMD. mickeuk2004 is not the OP.

Of course it's their choice/decision - it's just such a damn shame that's all, especially as money is obviously tight for them.

Now & again **it happens to us all & you have to show some bottle & deal with it/or not.

The pity also is that they may now feature on some sucker list.

I also find it frustrating that advice is asked for, given & then completely ignored.

Ah well, you can lead a horse to water & all that.