CPR 31.14 request submitted-Please help!!

dcems
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I am helping my friend defend two cases from Howard Coward - both for Santander debts.

Out of curiosity, before they decided to issue a claim, did they send any demands for payment?

I'll help you along with your case where I can; you are probably 1 week ahead in yours.

Time? Well the courts work when they work. A lot of people do not realise litigation is a long game. My case against HFO will end on the 22nd as I have a hearing for my wasted costs. The actual first judgement was entered in July 2007. I have been in contact with them since February 2009 and I set aside the CCJ in November 2009.

Long game requiring lots of patience.

I think we need to address the matter of CPR 31.14 too; they are incorrect about it not being relevant. The case has not been allocated yet (from what I have read) and they are required to follow the CPR regarding disclosure.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on similar time frames to you, sent my allocation questionnaire back around 5th Feb stating I didn't want mediation and just received my court date, however the date is reliant on Cohens paying the £75 fees before XX March - it says if they don't pay it gets struck off - bit of a waiting game for me now

Cabot - £7000 - can't provide docs :)

Red Castle/GUS - unenforcable - phoney docs:)

Halifax £2000 bank charges refunded 12/7/07:)

Halifax (round 2) - LBA 30/8/08 - £2500 back within 3 weeks

Nat West - £2,000 - WON offer dated 7th December 2009 (a week after the Supreme Court Ruling !!!!)

In progress

Yorkshire (hubby) - LBA sent, discussion reggarding hardship undertaken waiting to see what their plans are after Supreme Court Case

Capital 1 - SAR'd - typed docs provided not originals gonna play letter ping pong for a while

Halifax Visa - when I get a moment

Halifax personal loan - when I get a moment

If all these come to cash I'll be a millionaire (ish)

On my two cases, one didn't get past the Allocation questionaire stage, the other they had to pay an extra £35 to submit there AQ's as they where late.

Your find Howard Cohen never reply to most cases, and will go against the Courts ruling till the last minute.

When i won both my cases with Howard Cohen, also won wasted costs for both cases. It wasn't till i sent them a 7 day reminder, that they paid up.

Gaz

Gaz, this thing about getting costs back interests me - whilst at the moment I am still more interested in getting rid of the debt and the court case dangling over my head I would be interested in giving them a taste of their own medicine if I am successful.

What is the procedure? and what do you claim for? things like printing, envelopes and postage? what about time taken to prepare defence etc Any info would help - I am floundering a little with my own case simply through a lack of knowledge and understanding of procedures I'm simply keeping my fingers crossed that they chose not to cough up the £75 although I have a feeling I will be seeing them in court :mad:

Cabot - £7000 - can't provide docs :)

Red Castle/GUS - unenforcable - phoney docs:)

Halifax £2000 bank charges refunded 12/7/07:)

Halifax (round 2) - LBA 30/8/08 - £2500 back within 3 weeks

Nat West - £2,000 - WON offer dated 7th December 2009 (a week after the Supreme Court Ruling !!!!)

In progress

Yorkshire (hubby) - LBA sent, discussion reggarding hardship undertaken waiting to see what their plans are after Supreme Court Case

Capital 1 - SAR'd - typed docs provided not originals gonna play letter ping pong for a while

Halifax Visa - when I get a moment

Halifax personal loan - when I get a moment

If all these come to cash I'll be a millionaire (ish)

Gaz, this thing about getting costs back interests me - whilst at the moment I am still more interested in getting rid of the debt and the court case dangling over my head I would be interested in giving them a taste of their own medicine if I am successful.

What is the procedure? and what do you claim for? things like printing, envelopes and postage? what about time taken to prepare defence etc Any info would help - I am floundering a little with my own case simply through a lack of knowledge and understanding of procedures I'm simply keeping my fingers crossed that they chose not to cough up the £75 although I have a feeling I will be seeing them in court :mad:

Yes, most important thing is win your case first getting costs is a bonus.

I never put up any fees to get my wasted costs through.

Allthough both cases was different, one never got to the AQ's stage that one i managed to get what i put down on my wasted costs sheet.

How this came about was after the case was struck out, i phoned the Court to ask if i could put in for wasted costs. Which was advised by the Courts to submit a Costs sheet to the Court. Which was then granted by the Judge and i was allowcated a date for this. I had to supply the other side with a copy of my cost as well.

The wasted costs case went to Court, which the other side never turned up and i was awarded the full amount i was asking for.

Now the other case was a bit different, as this went to Court which i won.

Tried to get wasted costs from the Judge, but was only awarded Petrol and parking expences.

Remember the same judge listerned to both my cases months apart from each other, i'm still trying to fathem how i got the full amount for one and only a small amount for the other.

So when claiming try and claim for everything, and split everything up as time spent and stationary and postage include as well.

Gaz

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

just updating you all. got a court date for the 18th may. have sent in my statement and copies of all documents. also got a mediation questionaire as well. not happy that about £200 in court costs seems to have been added to this debt.

• 3 weeks later...

Just been reading your thread dcems. Did you go to court today?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.