OFT case over, hows YOUR court dealing with claims

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following todays end to the FSA waiver staying claims how is your court dealing with your claims, are they throwing cases out, or do we still get our say in court.

I will be emailing some court offices tomorrow to get a response as to how they will proceed.

Will post up results when I get them :oops:

:madgrin:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm strating to wonder if the OFT is fit for purpose, what EXACTLY did thier intervention achieve?

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

I'm strating to wonder if the OFT is fit for purpose, what EXACTLY did thier intervention achieve?

Two years delay for the banks ........

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

The OFT seems to be there to assist banks in screwing people, much like the FSA. Well now that's over with, its on again! The banks say they won't refund a penny. OK then, well they can come on down to Bournemouth County Court to explain why charging £38 for an unauthorised overdraft is fair. And they can do the same in London, and Plymouth, and Bristol, and anywhere else there are angry customers who want their money back.

Don't wait for some clerk's permission, get in your applications to lift your stays now. There is no longer a reason for them.

If a court throws out a case, the court is in my view being negligent in failing to understand what the judgment means. If they start dismissing cases en mass, the courts become the next target.

Please note nothing I say constitutes legal advice.

If a court throws out a case, the court is in my view being negligent in failing to understand what the judgment means. If they start dismissing cases en mass, the courts become the next target.

Take one County Court to court at another County Court. :)

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Hi All,

my claim was at Chester Country Court and after waiting the judge has issued a judgement as the Halifax would not file ther defence, and refused to confirm any replies to the court request, yes we have a judgement against the Halifax but what now will they repay or just refuse we are unsure what to do next.

The court were helpful and confirmed in writing the judgement and the bank must repay the charges, so far the bank have refused all our requests for our charges to be refunded even with a judgement, what can we do now we are not giving up.

HOW DO WE ENFORCE THE JUDGEMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

any help would be great

cheers

Hi All,

my claim was at Chester Country Court and after waiting the judge has issued a judgement as the Halifax would not file ther defence, and refused to confirm any replies to the court request, yes we have a judgement against the Halifax but what now will they repay or just refuse we are unsure what to do next.

The court were helpful and confirmed in writing the judgement and the bank must repay the charges, so far the bank have refused all our requests for our charges to be refunded even with a judgement, what can we do now we are not giving up.

any help would be great

cheers

send in the baliffs, inform your local paper and pick the busyest branch, ask the baliff if you can be notified when they are going, film it and place on you tube, i bet they pay up, whats good its only £50 to instruct the baliffs and they get that back for ya

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

Hi,

we have just downloaded the from N323 warrent of execution, and calling into our local court in the morning, we will be asking the baliffs office to confirm when they will be visiting the local branch, can they refuse to pay the baliff even if we have got the judgement, due to the outcome of the recent test case !!!!!!

Lets hope they pay the baliff, and hopefully they do not try to stop the repayment.

cheers

I live near Chester if the baliffs are going in could you let me know when, I would so love to be there to see that.:D

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

Hi, just got back from Chester County Courty, they have given me everything we need to action the judgement, however after reading the leaflets how to action the Warrant of Execution we can not apply for the baliffs to complete the warrant of execution if the clam s over £5,000.00 , and our claim / judgement is for £7,219.48 nc costs.

It now seems that even if we have judgement we still can not get the funds repaid, can anyone help us this the issues

cheers

Hi All,

any help would be great

cheers

That is fantastic. Judgement issued they have CCJ against them they have to pay. Which it was me would love to turn up with the Baliffs!

Hi, just got back from Chester County Courty, they have given me everything we need to action the judgement, however after reading the leaflets how to action the Warrant of Execution we can not apply for the baliffs to complete the warrant of execution if the clam s over £5,000.00 , and our claim / judgement is for £7,219.48 nc costs.

It now seems that even if we have judgement we still can not get the funds repaid, can anyone help us this the issues

cheers

I will look into it but i did not know about the £5000.00 limit. Could try an attachment of earnings. If you have a judgement they have to pay.There credit file will show a CCJ on it..well done.

Enforcing Judgment

You cannot ask the county court to issue a warrant if the amount you want the bailiff to collect is more than £5,000, unless you are enforcing an agreement made under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. (This is because regulated agreements can only be enforced in the county court.) But you can ask the sheriff's officer (through the High Court) to try to collect the money you are owed or to remove goods. The staff at any county court will be able to tell you what you need to do.

M1

cheers

Can't you start insolvency procedures against them if they don't pay? :D Was this a rogue Judge or what? He's probably getting radished as we speak. :eek:

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Hi, can we issue a warrant for the sum of £5k and once that has been paid issue again to collect the rest !!!!!!!!!! or should we get the high enforcement to get the full amount , how do we get a higher enforcement officer and what are the time scales

cheers