• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

March For A Fair Financial System.

renegotiation
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well the man to put that together is Mr Martin Lewis

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have even more impact if those who could organise a mass protest in London did so, and others organised as big a picket/rally in their nearest large town that they could afford to get to, making sure that the local media were informed, and tied into the national media.

This way, if you could have huge protest marches in every major city, and smaller ones or non-obstructive pickets in smaller towns (especially where banks are clustered together, or outside the local MP's consituency offices), you'd really get the message across.

I think that's a great idea because for all the will in the world some folk won't be able to get to London. Furthermore, it gives less ammo to the police to try and stir up trouble by kettling a huge crowd.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Hi everyone. Count me in too, i think its time the people did something for themselves, as you certainly cannot rely on our MPS and Government to do anything, they are only concerned with what they can do for themselves. People need to motivate themselves and get out of the lethargy that grips them. If you want change, you have to start by making a stand yourself! Power to the people.

LMAO. That call to action went well then. Landy and I on a bicycle made for two. They will be quaking in their boots at Westminster. No wonder this country is in such a mess. When we are all completely enslaved, which I seriously believe we will be, we will only have ourselves to blame. No hard feelings though folks. I acknowledge that it's hard to stand up and be counted after having our noses rubbed in the dirt for so long.

Brian Gerrish - 'When members of the House Of Lords get caught taking massive bribes and largely get away with an apology you know something is seriously wrong!' :(:(:(

post and what they do for you mp website and tell them what you think

and smear them too

by not voting

lots of choices even the BNP

well I've added a link to this on the facebook charges pages.

Are there any other similar site we can use

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

well I've added a link to this on the facebook charges pages.

Are there any other similar site we can use

PF

Good job. I don't use any social networking sites myself so know sod all about them.

anyone watching question time???

Yes, at least they slagged the banks off a bit, though it was hardly completely damning.

also,please please can someone let me know how i should be wording my email to abbey now???

The site Announcement said it was best to do nothing for a few days. Maybe you are best off starting your own thread on this?

Edited by renegotiation

I suggested this a couple of weeks ago, You really should change this to a 'march for our money back' we are in this pickle because of a Labour Government who believed the financial systems should be lightly regulated, Brown even said that to Andrew Marr when he was interviewed, this was even after the banks collapsed. We want justice. We should be talking to 'The Treasury Committe'.

i will join a march...i think the working class of this country have lost sight of the actual power they have.unlike the french...if the ordinary people....cleaners, porters, ticket agents,drivers etc. withdrew their labour this country would be on its knees in a week.

i am currently trying to open a co op bank account and stuff the halifax..if the working classes did similar .......end of bonuses...end of fat cat wages...a new era...... the peoples bank!!!

and as for labour and conservative.....they should hang their heads in shame!!!!

CO-OP BANK LOL steer well clear of that one, they are no better in fact they are having a laugh hiding behind the big players thinking they are untouchable.

"GOOD WITH MONEY" :eek::mad:

PF

CO-OP BANK LOL steer well clear of that one, they are no better in fact they are having a laugh hiding behind the big players thinking they are untouchable.

"GOOD WITH MONEY" :eek::mad:

PF

I second that !

I had an account with them, Because I disputed charges they closed my account basically saying they did not want my custom ! Can not remember what the letter said but it was quite rude !

i will join a march...i think the working class of this country have lost sight of the actual power they have.unlike the french...if the ordinary people....cleaners, porters, ticket agents,drivers etc. withdrew their labour this country would be on its knees in a week.

i am currently trying to open a co op bank account and stuff the halifax..if the working classes did similar .......end of bonuses...end of fat cat wages...a new era...... the peoples bank!!!

and as for labour and conservative.....they should hang their heads in shame!!!!

We are becoming more and more like the U.S.A.. Labour and the Tories are just 2 sides of the same coin. The Labour Party should hang their heads in shame not sorting out these bank charges. It's disgraceful. Labour Party my arse. I was thinking today, it's just going to go round and round in circles. Either the County Courts will start paying out and the banks will keep charging anyway, which gets us nowhere really; the OFT may take a second case and win, but will still allow rip off charges (reduced a bit); the County Courts don't pay out en masse and the OFT loses a second test case (disaster); or we take the bull by the horns and demand action from our government. It's the only option and it's clear in my mind. If this is going to happen it needs millions of us to get involved up and down the country. We need peaceful marches in every town and city. It's time for the banks to come clean. People are so docile nowadays I wonder if it is even possible. :(:(:( I think there are like 10 of us on this thread so far, but it's a start! The site team need to back this and hook up with the other bank charges sites. Then everyone on every site needs to spread the word on every forum, blog, social networking site and chat room they frequent, as well as using all possible media outlets. We will stand a chance then.

EDIT - There are 16 of us that have stood up and said we'd march so far. Come on Bankfodder, Dave and the Site Team! Martin Lewis looked up for really doing something. He has great media connections i'm sure. Let's do something!

Edited by renegotiation

I Have a complaint with them since July 2008, where thay have changed there story and told a pack of lies to the FOS.

This is regarding 9 mis-sold PPI policies due to medical conditions .i.e a stroke im still doing battle and will not give up intil my £25,000 is returned.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/151052-pompeyfaith-co-op-ppi.html

PF

I Have a complaint with them since July 2008, where thay have changed there story and told a pack of lies to the FOS.

This is regarding 9 mis-sold PPI policies due to medical conditions .i.e a stroke im still doing battle and will not give up intil my £25,000 is returned.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/151052-pompeyfaith-co-op-ppi.html

PF

I'm very sorry to hear it. :(

Renegotiation,

Its ok the battle is still ongoing and not over, but anyone thinking of opening a co-op account should give them the same consideration as any other bank as they are no better.

PF