Lowell/Red & 2 debts - OD + loan

Azuma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's the pantomine season...so..

--

Dear Useless Articles

You say I owe you money....oh yes you do, I say I don't owe you money, oh no I don't

Prove it!

Your's

Know Eye Dear

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the pantomine season...so..

--

Dear Useless Articles

You say I owe you money....oh yes you do, I say I don't owe you money, oh no I don't

Prove it!

Your's

Know Eye Dear

and for once we all know who's playing the back end of the horse:lol::lol::lol:

where's the profit in pursuing unenforceable debts? It's behind you:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

i just wanted to let you know that after about 4 months of tooing and froing with all three companies (or one company but 3 names :)) they have finally given up, i sent them the CCA request letter after i recieved a letter saying they were going to CCJ me, they have now come back with:

We will be closing this account, as Barclays have not been able to retrieve the CCA from the archive, due to the length of time since the contract was taken out. due to this we will not be contacting you again for payment on this account.

by the way guys, this was for like 7k - i never even had an account with Barclays haha!! - just goes to show how low these people will sink - no wonder they couldn't find any CCA - there never was one!!! haha

so i'm very happy guys, and can't thank you all so much for the advice and help given to me!!

i hope others are as fortunate as me :)

WE will be closing our account.

WE will not be contacting you again for payment.

Doesn't say there is no account.

I am sure some other bum end will be trying their luck to collect on it.

They are like a dog with a bone DCA's, one buries it and another digs it up.

I hope you don't hear anymore about it, but in the DCA life cycle, things are never what they seem.

WE will be closing our account.

WE will not be contacting you again for payment.

Doesn't say there is no account.

I am sure some other bum end will be trying their luck to collect on it.

They are like a dog with a bone DCA's, one buries it and another digs it up.

I hope you don't hear anymore about it, but in the DCA life cycle, things are never what they seem.

indeed, but i now have at least in the back of my mind some armour against them - CCA anyone else who tries to contact me :) - i'm moving to NYC in two months, so they will have a good job trying to find me :D

indeed, but i now have at least in the back of my mind some armour against them - CCA anyone else who tries to contact me :) - i'm moving to NYC in two months, so they will have a good job trying to find me :D

Exactly, hope all goes well in NY, and let Barclays chase themselves up their own backside looking for you.

haha, nice one mate, although i'm going to miss Devon and of course Cornwall, am going to be making stop back here in July 2010 on my way to Pisa to see Andrea Bocelli :) - i'll get my English fix for a couple days :D

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys,

been having a nightmare with these guys for ages now, i had an overdraft with Barclays years ago, which i thought i had paid off, Lowell got in touch saying a still owed over £800 on it and it'd been passed to them, either way i sent them the SB letter, which they said it wasn't (humph) :( - then basically they send me (out of the blue) a statement showing transactions, and are demanding i pay now within 7 days or i will feel the wrath of their "legal" department lol...

any advice on where i can take it from here at all please?

thanks in advance! :D

Hi,

SAR Barclays, that'll let you know the score regarding payments and charges ect.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

They're pretty much right about the overdraft, Overdrafts have part V exemptions (form and content) from the Act. This does not mean that they are exempt from the Act. The credit agreement would be in the form of a letter from the bank stating the amount of credit, the APR, charges and cancellation rights. This type of agreement would not be signed by the debtor.

Regards.

Scott.

not able to post up the statement, but it's all printed out, it look like rubbish to be honest, but there are payments and withdrawls that ring bells, just not sure how to get them off my back is all...

Hi,

They're pretty much right about the overdraft, Overdrafts have part V exemptions (form and content) from the Act. This does not mean that they are exempt from the Act. The credit agreement would be in the form of a letter from the bank stating the amount of credit, the APR, charges and cancellation rights. This type of agreement would not be signed by the debtor.

Regards.

Scott.

Makes sense Scott, however, what can i do about getting these losers off my back, i'm pretty sure i paid this off when i closed the account, and have heard nothing from Barlcays about this, just this letter from Lowell...

i also just wanted to say, that i don't intend to pay Lowell a penny! i'd rather go into bankruptcy before i pay them anything! lol, it's just as a matter of principal... if i did owe this money i'd pay Barclays... anything i can do to get them off my back? :D

Like I said, sending Barclays a SAR should put you straight regarding what sort of state your account was in.

Like I said, sending Barclays a SAR should put you straight regarding what sort of state your account was in.

ok mate, thanks for that, and then what? if thier info matches lowells, what are my options?

Any charges you can re-claim ? put the account into dispute.