style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I now the misfortune of having to deal with equita. Keeping it short they are collecting unpaid business rates. They have posted their standard removal letter but at the wrong address ! It was fortunate that some one at the address knew our company and they forwarded the letter to us.

I think I have made a mistake by even acknowledging that we have recieved the letter, but anyway I have. I have paid an initial payment and made an agreement to pay too much a month, can this be renegotiated to a lower amount ?

Main complaint I have is the fee's £120.00 added,reading around on here this is way too much, question is, can I be charged anything, as the bailiff posted the letter to the wrong address in the first place ?

Thanks for this site, don't know what we would all do without it

Jan

Hi Jan, if it's any help I had a payment arrangement with bialiff for business rates ( unrealated to my post re bailiff and council tax)

I spoke to the council and insited that I no longer wished to deal with the bailiff and would be paying the council direct. Not sure if you will be able to do anything about the bailiff charges re letter posted to wrong address but it's gotta be better to deal direct with council. The bailiff taking my monthly payment was also charging me a fee for my payment method.