kalijack

Clause 5(1)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3645 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can someone please explain this in easy to understand, layman's terms?

Bump. I would like to know too please :)

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

OK here goes,

Unless terms and conditions with your bank have been negotiated and agreed on an individual basis then those T & C's cannot be used against the consumer because this puts the bank in an advantageous position.

I think that is about as simply as I could put it, of course I could be miles away and I'm sure someone far more knowledgable than me will correct it

So the banks are always in a winning position with it? We cant win because the banks are doing what they want with no agreement or consultation with us the individual??

Have i got it right? lol

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

OK here goes,

Unless terms and conditions with your bank have been negotiated and agreed on an individual basis then those T & C's cannot be used against the consumer because this puts the bank in an advantageous position.

I think that is about as simply as I could put it, of course I could be miles away and I'm sure someone far more knowledgable than me will correct it

thats also how i understand it,

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

Clause(5)(1) is about fainess and if a contract has not been individually negotiated then it can be regarded as unfair if a contractual term causes a signifacant imbalance to the detrement of the consumer.

The question is do the banks new T&Cs cause a singinficant imbalance to the consumer. if so then we have a case because the contract was not negotiated.

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

seem to have jumped the gun a bit, I sent my application to lift my stay yesterday with the updated letter qouting clause 5 it seems were now being told to wait, where do i stand on this?

will post my POC's as listed on my court claim form shortly as it mentions no clause just utccr

Let us know what the court says :)

I would wait before doing anything else just yet though, hopefully it wont be long before the experts can show us the way ;)

:madgrin: