XRayted

Excess Charge Notice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3641 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I work for an NHS mobile Breast Screening Unit and have to travel to different sites. The site I am working at the moment has no parking and I have to park on a Pay and Display car park run by the council.

On 20 November the car park was full and the only place I could find was next to the last one in the row and by the parking meter.

I only have a small car and parked tidily so that the sign and meter were easily accessible and access and egress for other drivers was not impeded in any way.

I displayed a valid parking ticket and my NHS sign stating my business. My colleague was with me as my witness.

AS I DID THIS THE CAR PARK ATTENDANT WATCHED ME PARK AND STOOD BY MY CAR IN CONVERSATION WITH ANOTHER DRIVER WHO WAS ASKING IF SHE COULD COME AND GO USING THE SAME TICKET WHICH HE SAID WAS OK.

Imagine my surprise and shock to get back to my car and find I had been served this notice.

Do I have any grounds for appeal or is it best just to pay up?

So what was the contravention?

There was none. It is an Excess Charge Notice, not a PCN.

The only avenue open to the OP is to go back and read the rules for the car park very carefully (and then compare them with the official regulations for the car park (Off-street Parking Order or TRO).

and does this say 'penalty charge notice' and the name of the council......

if not its a private invoice totally ignore..

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

The notice says 'The vehicle was parked in a place it was not permitted to park' ie parked out of bay by pay machine.

Pity the attendent didn't say that to me as he watched me park and pay for my ticket.

and does this say 'penalty charge notice' and the name of the council......

if not its a private invoice totally ignore..

dx

This is dangerous advice!

It sounds more like an Excess Charge Notice issued under older (but stil valid) legislation and enforced through the Magistrates' Courts.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.