I am confused - Bailiffs costs and parking tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a long running situation going with Philips and everything has been remarkable civil so far and I have been recording all conversations etc.

The PCN that was never actually issued back in 2008 is essentially done and dusted. The amount of £180.00 is not in dispute and I have accepted that. It is the fees that Philips have lumped on that has taken the debt above £600.00 that are usurious to say the least.

Elsewhere on this forum there are figures that state the amount that bailiffs are allowed to charge for a parking ticket and yet Westminster Council insist that £200.00 per visit is correct.

Can somebody please explain how the figures are so different please?

TIA.

The truth is that I am not sure. I've attached the letter, and I now have three of them, with the bailiff's name and his mobile number.

That's all I have.

philips-small.jpg

Edited by rasg

You can probably see by the thumbnail (that is meant to be a big scan!) that the only boxes that are filled out are the phone number and surname of the bailiff. No reference number. No nothing.

Here is the text of it:

We have attended your premises today with the intention of seizing and removing your goods to clear the arrears you have failed to pay.

Should you fail to make immediate payment we may re-attend your premises on any day and at any time withou any further notification.

Please note: we may re-attend your premises with a locksmith to remove any seized goods (as in accordance with the law), even in your absence.

Removal action is very expensive and you are liable for all fees, charges and expenses that may be incurred.

Should you be unable to pay in full immediately it is imperative you contact the bailiff on the number provided. Payment by all major credit/debit cards are accepted.

Ignoring this letter will not make the debt go away.

I will try and see if Philips can help but they are terrible to do anything except take payments. I bet they are good at that!

You can probably see by the thumbnail (that is meant to be a big scan!) that the only boxes that are filled out are the phone number and surname of the bailiff. No reference number. No nothing.

Here is the text of it:

We have attended your premises today with the intention of seizing and removing your goods to clear the arrears you have failed to pay.

Should you fail to make immediate payment we may re-attend your premises on any day and at any time withou any further notification.

Please note: we may re-attend your premises with a locksmith to remove any seized goods (as in accordance with the law), even in your absence.

Removal action is very expensive and you are liable for all fees, charges and expenses that may be incurred.

Should you be unable to pay in full immediately it is imperative you contact the bailiff on the number provided. Payment by all major credit/debit cards are accepted.

Ignoring this letter will not make the debt go away.

I will try and see if Philips can help but they are terrible to do anything except take payments. I bet they are good at that!

dont ring them on there rip line, use say no to 0870 to get the normnal rate number