iad77

iad77 vs mbna

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3637 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all , just trying to get a mortgage atm and have the problem of an old outstanding mbna account to deal with .... MBNA offered me a credit card when i'd just turned 18 with a 1500 limit , i ended up using it quite a bit and only ever paid the minimum ( young and dumb ) Long story short , the interest and charges quickly took my account into the red, and even though by that time i was paying 200 a month to try and get the balance down , charges and over limit fees and interest were keeping my account over the limit .... I transferred my a/c to CCCS and they were great , stopped all charges and the balance started to come down. Here's the catch , I called cccs to make a payment and they explained that they no longer held my information and that it had been passed back to mbna .... i get a statement in the post from mbna with my new balance and again another set of charges on top !! Spoke with them on the phone explaining that i was more than happy to pay but not if they kept adding extra charges on top as it meant the balance was never coming down, they agreed to stop all charges on the a/c . Next month comes around and another 150 pounds in charges have been added !! i phoned and they said they wouldn't be stopping the charges and whoever told me they would was in the wrong ... I was very angry at this and refused to pay more than i had to as i felt it wasnt fair, i was at college and only working part time to pay bills and couldnt afford the 1000 pounds they wanted to get the a/c back within limit. At the age of 24 i was moving abroad for a few years and called mbna to make a settlement payment , the balance on my a/c had gone up to 2000 even though i hadnt used it in 3-4 years. i offered 800 pounds and was told "no way" !! i tried to explain that i was leaving and i wanted to do the right thing and pay them off ... "you HAVE to pay 2000 pounds, we dont take settlements" was the reply !! So it ended up i gave them nothing . Year later i didnt hear anything from them but got debt collectors letters from them for the sum of 2400 pounds . I ignored it. Heard nothing from them since 2005, i'm now 32 and trying to get a mortgage to buy my first house..... estate agent went ahead with my app but then said he didnt think i would get it with mbna in default and also the debt collectors they used in default .... the balance i was told is now 3000 ! I dont mind paying what i spent (maybe 1000) but 3000 is ridiculous. Should i call Mbna ? write to them with a settlement ? i didnt contact them in 5 years and am worried if i do then i'll start receiving letters and phonecalls at my current address. Any advice would be greatly appreciated ... many thanks

Thinking to offer 800 pounds in settlement which is 30 % of outstanding amount ......