pegasus10

what to do when they dont reply to cca request

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3666 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all

title says it all really. what is the next step after you have sent a cca request and the 12+2 days has lapsed without any response?

thanks

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

i have one that has sent me nothing at all. then there is another that has sent me a statement but no contract. is it the same letter for both?

Yes same for both. Are you sure what they have sent is Unenforceable maybe you should post it up removing all identifying bits and barcodes so it can be checked.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

I sent off CCA to Lowells on 16th Nov, Today I got a reply saying,

"While we endevour to reply to you with the required information within the prescribed 12 day period under the Consumer Credit Act, you will appreciate this is dependant upon receipt of the information from the original creditor.

We will advise you further if it will take longer than the prescribed period."

I shall ignore their excuses, allow them the 12+2 days, then send follow on letter informing them the account will be in dispute.

If it was me being late with a payment, I couldn't see them being nice and allowing me any extra time.

Never mind, it could be raining!

"While we endevour to reply to you with the required information within the prescribed 12 day period under the Consumer Credit Act, you will appreciate this is dependant upon receipt of the information from the original creditor.

I shall ignore their excuses, allow them the 12+2 days, then send follow on letter informing them the account will be in dispute.

If it was me being late with a payment, I couldn't see them being nice and allowing me any extra time.

exactly what we're doing , lowells amongst others had till the 19th to reply to the cca's, we have had some correspondence

see this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/229212-6-cca-letters-ready.html

just got some letters ready telling them to do one now :D

dear sirs,

please take all the time you like but kindly note that after 12 days you will not be entitled to enforce the alleged agreement or add interest or charges to the account

Ok, I gave them a chance to conform to my request, but apart from the letter mentioned above telling me they may need more time, I have had no other reply.

So, today I have sent off the follow up letter, from templates page, by recorded delivery, informing them the account is now in dispute.

I will post any further information regarding this request when, or if, I receive any.

They claim to "play by the rules", so I will follow suit, and "play by the rules".

BTW, Baahh Humbug, 'tis almost Crimbo!!:D

Never mind, it could be raining!

You could always start banging your head into a brick wall, cos that's what it'll feel like whilst trying to get them to comply:rolleyes:

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.