charges appeal goes with the banks!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not at all surprised only yesterday it was announced that 2 banks had taken billions of pounds in government loans last month, there was no way in this economic climate that this gov. was going to put the banks into the position of having to refund billions of pounds in charges. if this had happened before the banking disaster i think that the banks would have lost, but now there is no chance..

BBC News - Banks win Supreme Court case on overdraft charges

Unbelievable, it just shows that these unelected Lords serve no real purpose whatsoever and are (allegedly) as buyable as any other MP

I should be grateful that I got my claim in against Halifax Credit Card when I did.

However, even though the OFT has lost the case, don't forget it still states in the CPUTR that charges must be representative of their costs and to date, no financial institution has come forward to state exactly what it costs them.

I had an email from Nat West this morning advising me of a change in my banking conditions. All my charges seem to have been cut to around £5 and no more massive daily charges but limited to smaller amounts in any one period.

Do you think deals have been made with the banks to save them from refunding billions if they now set realistic charges??

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Read the official press release here: http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/docs/uksc_2009_0070_ps.pdf

The full judgment has not been posted yet.

[edit] Here it is: http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/docs/uksc_2009_0070_judgmentV2.pdf

Edited by Virus

7/2/07 - Full unconditional settlement + £50 for taking time off work :D

Listen while you read the threads:

My Music8-)

More Music

The Supreme Court had to decide not whether the banks’ charges for unauthorised overdrafts were fair but whether the OFT could launch an

investigation into whether they were fair.

The court decided that although the interpretation of the European directive which the Regulations implemented was a question of European law it was not necessary to refer the matter to the European Court of Justice (Paras 49, 91, 115, 120).

However, the charges might still be open to assessment by the OFT on other grounds under Regulation 5.

Looks far from a victory for the banks to me

Speechless. Just cannot believe it, and no room for a european court appeal so obviously they had no confidence in their own judgement that it would stand up to further investigation.:shock:

If I have helped then please click on my scales.

Ulster bank

---------------------------------------------------

05/10/06 DPR letter sent

06/11/06 Request of repayment sent £1186.06

20/11/06 Repayment deadline

21/11/06 LBA sent

25/11/06 £90 goodwill gesture letter received

06/12/06 LBA deadline

09/12/06 Received final response to claim

I will register smallclaim in new year once Jan paycheque is in.

The Banks are robbing B******s

They gamble on speculatiative deals and when they cock up we have to bail them out yet they still get their inflated salaries and bonuses.

Go £1 over and they charge you £30 for being overdrawn £30 for not paying a DD plus £30 for telling you they are not going to pay the DD

GREEDY GREEDY SCUMBAGS