• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Can't see light and the end of the tunnel

prideuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im being swallowed up by debt, don't realy know where to start. I owe 34000 to various Credit Cards and 2 Personal loans, one of which was to clear some of my cards which I did. I have always managed to pay them all the min payment, but now self employed and only earn 800 pounds a month. Thats working full time. I missed one payment last month and have started to get phone calls from them, telling me that i am in default and they want their money back right away, i owe 10800 to them. I was not over my limit, but now they say I am as they have put intrest on and taken it over the limit.. the bank has started to charge me 70 last month for going over my overdraft, and now no money for anyone. I just feel so low and depressed I dont know where to turn. I dont live anymore I just exist. My family say I dont smile anymore and i guess they are right. Nothing to smile for... I just dont know where to start. I would be greatful for any advice I have been up all night, can't sleep as all the debt is just going round in my mind, Knowing what is coming. I dont know anymore.

First of all, this is not the end of the world nor are you alone. It probably won't help much to know that there are thousands of people in exactly this same situation, but there are and there is a way through. I know, I've been there. The road can be long and hard, but you will get there in the end.

You've already taken the first step by asking for help. I could go on for pages sympathising with you and commiserating, but what you actually need is practical help, so here's some suggestions.

1. Either stop answering the phone or refuse to answer security questions and be like a stuck record 'In writing please.'

2. Get yourself a parachute account with another bank a.s.a.p. even if it's just a basic one. That way what's going in is yours to spend as you decide, not your existing banks to take as they choose.

3. Sit down (with the OH if you have one) and make a list of absolutely everything that you owe, then do a proper budget of what's coming in and what absolutely has to go out. If you can manage without something, it has to go but don't leave yourselves with nothing at all for a bit of downtime, e.g. by all means cancel Sky movies/sports, but keep your basic package if that's all the entertainment you have.

4. When you've done all that - it will be hard, especially when you add up all those debts and realise just how much it comes to - come back for some more advice.

If you're really feeling down, go and talk to your GP immediately. Being depressed over debt is not a sign of weakness, it's a perfectly normal reaction and you would be weird if you weren't affected.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi, Thanks for the advice.

I have already opened another account, it's what they call a key account, thats all I could get. Its the type of account that you can't go over drawn in. What is a "OH" don't think i have got one. I do have another question Should I stop all my current Direct Debits to my debts as if I don't they will all start again in next month trying to take monies that just arn't there making me even more in debt than I already am. I have done my budget sheet and all I have left for my debts between them is 205.40 per month. So where I was paying 260 to one of them I accourding to my budget sheet will only be able to pay 64.10 a month. This is so hard up until now I have never missed any of them. Some of them I have been paying for 6ys and have noticed that where the debt was 5400 after 6yrs of paying I still owe them 5100. I got some help from my mother last night, she let me have one of her sleeping tablets to help me get a good nights sleep but yet again this morning the first thing on my mind is my debts. it seems evey second thought is my debts and how im going to cope. Christmas is not going to be christmas anymore, well to be honest it hasn't been for agaes. Im just walking around in a daze wondering what im going to do next. Thanks for your advice again, I did get a little lift yesterday but thats seems to have passed. John

OH is other half, but Mums are just as good for sharing troubles. It would be better if you could go to your GP and get something to help for yourself though.

Key account is good - it means the situation isn't going to get worse. Yes, stop all DDs if you know you can't afford them. As you have some 'surplus income' each month there are a number of options open as to how you deal with this, but which one is best for you will depend on your circumstances. It might be helpful to speak to someone either face to face (Citizen's Advice if you can get an appointment) or over the phone. Do a search for CCCS (I think that's consumer credit counselling service) and speak to them. Do not even consider going with a debt management company that charges fees - CCCS will do it for free or if you prefer you can do it yourself with help from the forums.

Whoever you speak to, make notes of whatever they suggest as your options, then if you want to you can post them on here and get opinions from others as to which might work best.

There is always the option of challenging all the debts and reclaiming any charges, but I think for the moment it's more important for you to do something positive so that you can see the situation is being brought under control.

Keep ignoring the phone, and don't write any letters to anyone without getting advice on here first.

This is only day 2 of the process, but we are making progress already even if it doesn't seem like it. Just the fact of taking control and trying to do something about it will make you feel better, so don't give up.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

PS Even if you just want a quick chat, there's always someone available on the forum. I'll try to check in regularly but I am 'allegedly' moving house today/tomorrow/sometime next week!

Keep posting so we know you're OK.

RMW

Hi prideuk

Rmw is right - you are not on your own with this.

About 3 years ago I was in the same position as you. I read the article on Money Saving Expert about debt and decided to have a look at the National Debtline website, and from there found the letters to write to the creditors asking for reduced payments.

I was petrified and depressed and felt this was just the end of the line. My OH was self employed and nothing was coming in, and I was so guilty that my kids couldn't have the things their friends did.

Anyway, luckily most of my creditors were good and I got repayment plans relatively easily (more on that later), but the more I read on debt the more I wanted to learn, and then I found CAG. This was the turning point.

I'm guessing at the moment you dread the phone ringing, hate the sound of letters coming through the door and panic when the door rings that it's going to be a debt collector? This is exactly what 99% of us felt like so you are not alone.

What you really have to try and appreciate is that although this seems like the worst place you could be, these banks really don't have the power they like to pretend they do.

Not paying an unsecured debt is not going to land you in prison - nor is not paying a secured debt for that matter. The worst - and I do mean worst - thing that could happen is that you might end up in court and be ordered by the judge to pay the creditor. This will not be paying the creditor what they want, it will be paying them what you can afford. And as I said this is a worst-case scenario.

If you own your own home, they may try and threaten you with charging orders. To get one of these you would have to not pay as ordered by the judge. Seeing as this would be a payment you could afford (even if that is only £1 a month), it's not a likelihood.

So, to add to RMW's excellent advice, my personal starting point would be to get letters and a budget sheet out to all your creditors. There are templates on here in the letters library that you can use. You just need to add your personal circumstances in, but don't make it emotional - just the honest facts. Also, make sure you ask for interest and charges to be frozen while they consider your request so that the balance does not rise. I didn't and although they weren't slow in responding with most having an answer in 6 weeks, this meant at least one more month's charges and interest being added on.

I don't know if there's a budget sheet on here, but if there isn't then the National Debtline one is good as it automatically adjusts your disposable income. When you fill out this sheet be honest but don't scrimp under the misapprehension that you need to pay them more. You don't. On my first one I put that grocery shopping would come to £200 a month for a family of four. This was completely unsustainable and caused me major problems. Be realistic and allow yourself a few pounds extra each week/month so that if an emergency crops up you can deal with it. Make sure your essential bills (gas, leccy, rent/mortgage, water, food, phone) are well covered.

I see you're wondering whether to stop the d/d's. It has to be your call, and it's a toss up between them being returned and you being charged, or the cards not being paid and you getting more calls. I think I might be inclined to stop them but include in your covering letter that you have had no option but to do so, that you hope this will be acceptable to them but unfortunately if it is not you are still unable to increase the offer.

You do not need to send anything other than the budget sheet. This is a true indication of your financial affairs, and although they may say something along the lines of 'we need your statements for the last 23 years, wage slips from 1980 and your inside leg measurements' THIS IS NOT RIGHT. It is completely unreasonable of them to ask this - something which National Debt Line will back you up on. In all honesty you aren't obliged to send the budget sheet either but I doubt you'd get very far without it...

Send all letters recorded delivery, or at the very least get a proof of posting. I would strongly suggest recorded for these ones though as it will help you knowing that they've received them.

As RMW says, just tell them you do not discuss financial matters over the phone, and to write instead. Start keeping a phone log - time, date, bank, name (if you answer), whether the number was witheld (naughty), what was said (if you answer). This will help should you need to make any complaints later.

Honestly, if you're anything like me, the moment those letters hit the post you will feel a sense of relief. I know it sounds odd, but suddenly you are getting a little bit of control back.

I know you won't believe it now, but read around the threads on here and you'll see that most people end up seeing the banks as bullies, pure and simple, and most of that worry and stress you are feeling now will diminish. 3 years after writing to the banks I'm now in the middle of arguing with them about agreements. I do not have any fear of them anymore, and in fact didn't once I found CAG. I'm quite happy to amuse myself by talking to them on the phone, letters through the door at worst annoy me, and at best give me a chance to practice my letter writing skills and up my typing speed. 18 months ago I wrote a 'doorstep caller' letter to keep by the front door on the very slim chance that someone arrived. It's still there, gathering dust.

It does get better, if not in a monetary way certainly in a state of mind way. I still worry about it, but it's every now and then, not every minute.

Sorry for the ramble, I hope there's something of use hidden in there somewhere:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Hi prideuk,

Have you looked at a DEED TRUST - be debt free in 3 years and no hassle or worry or stress. or phone calls :D

I know it's not easy but at the end of the day it's only money

IT WORKED FOR ME DEBT FREE and now have a clean credit report.

Dont let them get you down

All the best

RHOOD

Hi Pride,

you've come to the right place, the way you're feeling at the moment is something we all relate to. Your exact situation is why we have found our way to CAG.

Imagine your world where you can answer the phone, open letters and deal with everything with that smile your family say is missing - it really wont be long before you're doing it!

I cant remember how many registered user there are here, but we are all behind you, and will support you all the way!

Non illigitamus carborundum .... they aint worth it

Hi everyone, I can hear what your all saying with such great support. Its so complicated. I wish it was easy as you say. Complications being I run a small business (shop) that just makes enough to pay me about 800 pounds a month, Up until now I have been paying all my debts with money I made when I moved to scotland. Over the passed 3 yrs the shop and mostly the debts have taken it all. the shop runs on a overdraft, which it needs to continue running, It never gets any bigger, just use one week pay back the next.. thats the problem. If I lose the overdraft then the shop would go and so would the job. although the overdraft is with a bank that knows nothing about my situation.

I have taken the bull by the horns!! as this can't go on. To stop it getting any worst, I have stopped the DD's coming from my bank. I have done the budget sheet, but as I have not had much for so long, I dont know how much to put down for various items like housekeeping. For the last year or so I have not been out,(just paying debts) I have not been shopping for months, as I run a shop, i would normally grab something from there. because my debts have been taking all of my money. I pay into the bank and never see any of it. last month I couldn't even pay for razors and i earn a wage! Its hard writting all this, it really brings it home. Im so sad. But I'll deal with it. I am going to send them all letters on monday (recorded) and we'll see what happens then. Im sorry to go on, but, well you all know i suppose. right im going to write those letters. thanks again for all your support & advice

John

I'm rather glad to hear from you - I was getting worried since you've posted quite early in the morning the last couple of days. I'm a worryier.

No one ever said sorting the mess out is going to be easy, but it's no harder than just letting it go on and on. Maybe if you've stopped the DDs the overdraft will start to reduce.

In any case, don't leave yourself with too little to live on. If in doubt, be generous. Have you tried the CCCS website - I think they're online budget calculator will tell you if you're not allowing enough for e.g. food - it certainly tells you if you need to cut back. I don't know your circumstances but I'd have thought at least £50 a week for food/toiletries etc. for one person.

Once you've maybe got agreements in place to make reduced payments (you must insist on all charges and interest being frozen) we can maybe look at reducing or eliminating some of these debts.

RMW

Good evening Prideuk

At one time I felt like the proverbial ball in the pinball machine being battered time and time again. I decided enough was enough and contacted The Consumer Credit Counselling Service, this is a registered charity and non-fee paying.

The hardest thing was picking up the phone and telling the person how useless I feel and hopeless about the situation.

The guys at CCCS.co.uk are brilliant, they have minimum allowances for you day-to-day survival. They set me up on a Debt Management Plan.

That gave me a lot of breathing space and allowed me to steady myself, but I have one creditor who's a real pain in the derriere and has proceded to take me to court. He just wants to prove a point at the end of the day, and he's entitled to do that.

As the other postee's have stated there is help out there, and we're all behind you. At the end of the day you have taken the hardest step by posting on CAG. The longest journey begins with the first step.

It can all seem intense just now as it probably is, but once you've stopped for breath you'll take a wee bit of satisfaction at what you've done.

You'll learn to fight back with CAG and CCCS, I'll guartantee it.

RHood once told me I would enjoy the fight. He was right!!

Keep Well

George

Hi everyone, I can hear what your all saying with such great support. Its so complicated. I wish it was easy as you say. Complications being I run a small business (shop) that just makes enough to pay me about 800 pounds a month, Up until now I have been paying all my debts with money I made when I moved to scotland. Over the passed 3 yrs the shop and mostly the debts have taken it all. the shop runs on a overdraft, which it needs to continue running, It never gets any bigger, just use one week pay back the next.. thats the problem. If I lose the overdraft then the shop would go and so would the job. although the overdraft is with a bank that knows nothing about my situation.

I have taken the bull by the horns!! as this can't go on. To stop it getting any worst, I have stopped the DD's coming from my bank. I have done the budget sheet, but as I have not had much for so long, I dont know how much to put down for various items like housekeeping. For the last year or so I have not been out,(just paying debts) I have not been shopping for months, as I run a shop, i would normally grab something from there. because my debts have been taking all of my money. I pay into the bank and never see any of it. last month I couldn't even pay for razors and i earn a wage! Its hard writting all this, it really brings it home. Im so sad. But I'll deal with it. I am going to send them all letters on monday (recorded) and we'll see what happens then. Im sorry to go on, but, well you all know i suppose. right im going to write those letters. thanks again for all your support & advice

John

Hi again Pride - like reallymadwomen's post above, I too am pleased to hear from you.

I would just like to share a little of my situation with you. I also run a small business (retail premises) I struggled with meeting all the business related debts to the point where I couldn't afford to pay myself.

My turning point was the day I couldn't even afford to buy myself a new pair of undies! I was so stressed all the time, the business I had loved for so long was no longer enjoyable and I dreaded opening the shop each day and I felt I was only working to pay the bank.

The first positive thing I did was to stop taking card payments, after all, this money was taking at least 5 days from point of sale to get into my account (despite the customers account being debited immediately) and then the bank would help themselves to this money, charge me for taking card payments, charge me for the card swipe machine, and I had to pay for the dedicated phone line for the swipe machine. I didn't lose business as a result, customers where happy to pay by cheque or cash. But of course, as a business customer,the bank charged me to pay in cheques and cash so the next thing I did was open a personal account with another bank, paid everything into the new account giving me the right to choose where my hard earned money was spent. Fantastic feeling knowing I have an account with a credit balance having been in the red for so long.

The next thing I did was look at my business rates. I checked with the valuation office online and discovered that neighbouring identical retail properties were paying a lot less than me so I used a local agent to deal with this for me, no up front fee and an agreed fpayment should the claim be successful. I'm still waiting on the outcome of this and unfotunately you have to keep paying your rates even if in dispute :(

I then stood back and took a long hard look at the space my business needed. I was tied into a lease so couldn't look around for cheaper smaller premises so I sublet some of the space by advertising on Gumtree. The shop became like a mini department store - my lease doesn't allow me to sublet but the landlord agreed, he wanted his rent so no real alternative. I also negociated on the rent, after all - the last thing a landlord wants in the present climate is an empty property!

I'm not saying that any of this saved my business, but all these actions put me back into a position of being able to make decisions, something I had not been capable of for such a long time. The bank have taken me to court for possession of my house for a secured loan and the overdraft, and I have a few other debts to sort BUT, I'm still living in my home, I'm earning real money, I have my health, and I'm smiling.

Very often even if it takes a long time to see any results, the simple fact that you are now making the decisions and taking control has a very positive effect.

The bottom line is that it's only money. Being in debt is not a life-threatening illness, and no one is going to lock you up either. We just have to do the best we can to make ends meet, and if that means the bank have to go without, tough.

RMW

PRIDEUK,

Dont feel bad or sad, just look at the mess the banks made of everything,

Looking at Nunnyrose's post is there any grants or help you can get from local enterprise - if you dont ask you dont get !

Great post about Rates and rent payments

Good Luck

Hello there PrideUK. I just wanted to add my support to the Debt Management Plan route. I entered one just over 3 years ago now with nearly £90k of unsecured debts. The choice is yours as to whether you wish to use CCCS, PayPlan, or try setting it up yourself using the help on the National Debtline website. (I actually used a fee charging company, but they were being so bad at passing on my money to the creditors that after 6 months I sacked them and now run it myself.)

The only thing I would add is that I have seen that CCCS seem to suggest you sending each creditor a £1 postal order with your initial letter, (and then at monthly intervals?) until they agree to the payment plan. I believe this is supposed to slow down their race to enforcement action (I unfortunately have one CCJ just because I missed two payments to one company and it seemed to start a process that just wouldn't stop, despite them agreeing to the payment plan).

And then when you are in control again and feeling more confident (however long that takes) there is the next step, making Consumer Credit Act 1974 requests for copies of your credit agreements...

PrideUK: You’re not alone. Unfortunately I’m in a similar position owing more than £50k on cards. Smile? Ha …I have a distant recollection of those. Every day is a real struggle. I can’t take the easy way out, as I have loved ones/dependents - so that means keeping on breathing.

My financial problems are routed in a court battle to remain in contact with my children. The time commitment to the court case caused my business to fail, and the legal bills have been crippling.

I’m four years out. Every day is a struggle. What I’ve learned though is that as long as you keep going …and as long as you keep communicating with your creditors, paying what you can AND you do your homework in terms of knowing where you stand …and taking preventative steps ahead of threatened action; then it’s possible to keep your head above water. My debts haven’t gone away, but I am trying to address them, and so far I’m managing to avoid sequestration.

Given what I now know, if I were you I’d be trying to negotiate a settlement deal with your creditors offering them around about £7/8k between them. That is of course if you can get your hands on that sort of money.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, Just thought i'd say hello, and let you know whats going on, I took the advice and got intouch with Debtline, and followed their advice by as you said doing a budget sheet etc and guess what I do have some funds left for my debts, not a lot. but some. so I did as they said and sent my letters asking all my debts to accept lower monthy payments on a prorota basis.. Guess what? They all have so far said No!!! and now the phone constanly rings. I did take control by stopping them all just taking money from my bank making me even futher in debt.. Now I just pay what I said I could pay... some of them will not even give their bank details so I can pay online, their all still want DD, but i said No to them for that. What most of them are saying is that they will not deal with me, even though its my debt. But they will deal with a third party re my debts. This is because they dont believe my budget sheet. Well thats up to them as I have been told that I dont have prove anything. If that all I have then thats it. and no court in the land would make me pay anymore than I can afford. and I have told them that. but they just keep phoning sometimes at 7am four or five times a day.. So today I said enough is enough, as I am now in control and feeling a lot stronger, thanks to you on here. I have contacted money advice and I am going to see them in the next few days with all my paperwork, budget sheets etc. They said that they will deal with all my debts and that my debts will have to deal with them instead of calling me all the time.. We are not going into being managed, just asking them to accept what I can pay. as they say you can't get blood out of a stone, and I have been honest When I say I have 135 per month between the lot of them, thats all I have..

Anyway sorry to rant, but thats all I have had recently from my debts.. Dont get me worng I know I owe the money or do I, we may go down that route another day.

After I have been to see money advice I let you have an update.. needless to say I dont feel depressed anylonger much stronger infact, somes they can be fun when you tell them that you are recording there calls, funny how they change or put the phone down..

Thanks for all your advice

Prideuk

Hi and nice to hear from you. What a difference in attitude from your first post! Positive proof that taking action yourself makes you feel so much better and well done for getting it all under control.

Any time it starts getting you down just think that the worst they can do is get stroppy with you, and you are perfectly capable of ignoring that. Since you've done everything right in working out what you can reasonably afford, they know that no judge is ever going to award them any more so it's simply not worth trying.

RMW

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Well thats a great weight lifted off my shoulders, I've entered into a protected trust deed, One payment once a month and debt free in 3 yrs and no more letters or phone calls.. and guess what? A life. sound too good to be true, let me know what you all think, am i going the right way

• 1 month later...

OMG, don't know whats going on anymore, I thought I was going to be ok, but all is not what it seems. I have had some nasty letters today, telling me that someone is going to call at my home unless I call. As I am still trying to sort out the trust deed, I thought I would call and let them know that I was entering into a trust deed. Only to be told that the Money matters had sent them a letter saying that they were no longer dealing with me and I was no longer a client of theirs. How can this be. no one has told me. I have been waiting for Money matters to contact me. they did say at the start that once they have all the figures they would pass it on to a insolvance agent who would deal with the trust deed as money matters only collate all the information for them. Is that what they mean by no longer dealing with me. Its saturday and Money matters does not work today so can't ge any answers. Im very worried and could feel a great cloud coming over me again. It really drained me when i heard this. don't know what to do amymore. So im still getting the letters and calls, sometimes 11 a day. I cant pay what I dont have. I still see no light at the end of the tunnel, where as a few weeks ago i saw a glimmer. So much for that. These people are going to drive me to my grave, it seems everything has gone into a blur and i can't cope, will they ever l;eave me alone. I know i owe, but earn 8160 a year working for myself Thats all i get. I can just about pay the stuff that I have to, rent, council tax elec, gas etc. Whats sould I do?

John

Hi Pride... 1st things 1st - calm down. The advise given when you first started this thread was to ignore the phone calls, i.e screen the calls. Only speak to who you wish to. You don't have to answer the door to any unexpected visitors. The main thing is that you are facing up to your debts and trying to deal with them, but you are in control, not the DCA's so don't let their bullying tactics intimidate you. Have a read through http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/.../131409-cheekiness-towards-dca.html

apart from maybe making you laugh,but hopefully it will also give you the strength to get through this. You cant do anything today, so Monday will be soon enough to call Money matters and find out what's happening so no point in wasting time worrying over the weekend. Your situation is no worse than it was a few months ago, I say better as you now have our support.

As you say, they can't have what you haven't got - they know that so therefore will have to take whatever you can offer however small that amount may be.

Post back here on Monday after you have spoken to Money Matters and we can advise from there :)

• 3 months later...

Well I was right, when I said too good to be ture. I have just had a phone call from one of my detors. saying that i had not made any payments and would be seeking futher action against me. I let them know that I had entered into a trust deed and they told me that that had been rejected and the phone calls will continue until payment in full was made on the account. I then had to call my advisor who told me that the trust deed had been rejected by 1/3 of the creditors and the only option would be to go for sequestration. does anyone know what this would mean to me. Remembering that I have nothing. I dont own a house I rent, the car is on HP, and thats all I have. Im self employed running a shop. the advisor said that if i did go for sequestration all i need to do is fill in a few forms and they would dal with it all... is this right I have been reading something on the internet that I would have to stand infront of a judge!! is that right... Im so afraid, when I was told that it had been rejected I felt all the blood drain again almost like I was when I first started. Im now dredding all the calls and threts that you get when you owe money... Now i dont know where to turn.. Please could you give me some advise that may give me a lift... cos right now i need some. I was smiling for a while but thats all stopped now. Thanks again

Pride

Pride, have you got an answering machine or do you pick up the calls?

YOU HAVE GOT TO STOP TALKING TO DEBTORS- do everything in writing.

They intimidate you with threats like they "will continue to call you" or even a doorstep visit. This can all be dealt with on your terms, not theirs!

for example you could send them this :-

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

so :- who was the call from, which debtor? and is a credit card debt?

just like to add that some of my debtors refused my dmp initially, but when the realised it was the only way to get any form of payment they had to accept it.