• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mrs Ms mum v mbna

MandM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum is 75 and has no clue about money so when she got her virgin card she spent, she did not understand about apr, interest and minimum payments so subsequently got into financial difficulty along with other debts. In Feb this year I took over her finances when I realised that most of her pension was paying off these sharks, leaving her very little to live on.

I wrote to all her creditors and explained the facts they were all very nice about it after a few rows over the phone.

All except MBNA who started off nice and then decided that they werent going to get enough out of her so ignored everything I told them and carried on sending THE LETTERS.

To cut to the chase, she received a default notice 9/10/09 remedy date 26/10/09..

Lo and behold she received a letter from Experto Credite 23/10/09 advising her that they had bought the account from MBNA.

At the momemt we have a thread going in the forum with exactley the same thing so when I saw hers I thought here we go again.

I am sending the CCA tommorow to both experto and MBNA.

mumdefaultmbna-1.jpg

mumletterexpertus.jpg

:lol: mrs M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you kept the envelope the DN was sent in ?

If not, try to find it.

Mrs Ms Mum didn't know the significance so didn't keep it. However, very interesting that they sold the debt before the DN time expired don't you think!

Edited by MandM
typo

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

I don't think they can dispute termination then.

I'd suggest that you send a Subject Access Request off to MBNA, specifically asking for the "Comms Log" .

This will provide you with the complete detail of how the account has been operated by MBNA.

Thanks SS. It's on it's way ;)

M

Oh dear,

looks like they have done it again. I bet you a £1 they sold it on way before the DN was up. Did you get your comms log out of MBN@?

Shame they couldn't even be bothered to put arrears on. Not even bus fare home.

Pumpytums

Oh dear,

looks like they have done it again. I bet you a £1 they sold it on way before the DN was up. Did you get your comms log out of MBN@?

Shame they couldn't even be bothered to put arrears on. Not even bus fare home.

Pumpytums

He he. Not got anything back from MBNA although Exspurto said on the phone that they owned the debt :).

It's one tradgedy after another with this lot - makes it more fun for us though.

As you've probably spotted there's no movement on ours yet so in dispute and awaiting their response ;)

M

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

SAR has arrived :D.

1. The comms log shows quite clearly that the debt was sold BEFORE the deadline date on the DN.

2. It also shows that the debt was sold to EXSPURTO CREDITE and not VARDE!

3. There was NO copy of DN in the paperwork (but it's on the comms log and we have the original).

4. They have not sent copies of statements. However, they have sent a document called "Transactions" which appears to be a long summary of all transactions on the card from start to finish. It's not broken down anymore than that.

Starting in May 08 there is a transaction called "FINANCE CHARGE" and this transaction appears every month thereafter (different and increasing amount each time). Anyone have any idea what this may be?

We are going to ask for actual copies of the statements as this may shed some light on it but just wondered if anyone else had come across this description.

Many thanks,

M

Edited by MandM
Typos

Just bumping. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

M

Right as regards to the MBNA Default Notice the bit that says "IMPORTANT YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY and then goes on to say DEFAULT NOTICE SERVED UNDER SECTION 87(1) BLAH BLAH BLAH.

That has to be boxed.

Would be interesting to know why they have taken the box away as they used boxes for that part before.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

ty PF. Never spotted that! They seem to have removed that generally as I have others too.

Good luck for Thursday btw ;).

M

Thank You MandM.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Can anyone advise me on a letter to send to MBNA asking for the statements for the account and not the transaction logs that they have sent.

Thanks Mrs M

Can anyone advise me on a letter to send to MBNA asking for the statements for the account and not the transaction logs that they have sent.

Thanks Mrs M

I understood that an SAR would give actual copy statements similar to those issued each month?

Any views on this?

Also, what about this?

4. They have not sent copies of statements. However, they have sent a document called "Transactions" which appears to be a long summary of all transactions on the card from start to finish. It's not broken down anymore than that.

Starting in May 08 there is a transaction called "FINANCE CHARGE" and this transaction appears every month thereafter (different and increasing amount each time). Anyone have any idea what this may be?

We are going to ask for actual copies of the statements as this may shed some light on it but just wondered if anyone else had come across this description.

All comments welcome

thanks,

M

• 1 month later...

Hi Mrs M Here.

Catching up on thread. As follows:

CCA to MBNA & Experto end of Nov 09. No reply,put Account into Dispute Begining Jan 2010.

Received following letter and some ones idea of an agreement. Not sure who the letter is from as not headed paper and no address.

mbna.jpg

mbna2.jpg

Received letter from Experto

experto.jpg

anyone got any ideas on this one not seen this before

Mrs M

Sorry forgot to mention in last thread experto sent letter and agreement in Feb 2010.

experto2.jpg

005.jpg

Obviously I am now stumped as to what is going on. Who sent the other agreement.

The fact still remains that they sold the account on before the DN was up, so will wait and see what happens on the MBNA thread just not sure what to do with mums account now.

Mrs M

Hi Mrs M send my regards to Mr M,

oh dear MBN@ have asked for the full amount (they have haven't they?). They have therefore unlawfully rescinded the account on the back of a faulty DN. I would suggest writing to them and accepting it.

This may help

Dear Sir/Madam

Re account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Unlawful Rescission.

With reference to the alleged debt to your company, I refer to your Default Notice dated xxxxxx, posted second class and received by me on xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and your subsequent actions confirming your previous written intentions to terminate the agreement.

Notwithstanding that the default notice failed to give me the required statutory time in which to seek legal advice and/or remedy any alleged defect, as laid out in s87 of the CCA 1974, your actions have resulted in insufficient time for me to even obtain an appointment with a solicitor let alone remedy the alleged default. Your recent actions have lead to you unlawfully rescinding the agreement.

I accept your unlawful rescission of the agreement I note that you are now entitled to claim those arrears genuinely due at the time of the termination (not including any unlawful charges ) and I would be obliged if you would advise me of the exact amount of those arrears, against which will be a claim for unlawful rescission.

Should do the trick, many believe you need to accept their rescission of the agreement I agree after reading through CAG. This can be by stopping payments or sending the letter or both. You need to be seen to have taken some form of acceptance. There are cases where the lack acceptance has caused cases to be lost.

Pumpytums

Thanks Pumpytums

Will send the letter off tomorrow recorded.

Don't want to sound really stupid but I am assuming I send that letter to MBNA.

Mrs M

Hi just sitting here having a cup of tea and I suddenly thought of something that happened at my mums last week and thought I would share it with you for a laugh at the end of the day.

The phone rang and mum answered, a chap said can I speak to mrs ***

mum handed me the phone, He said "Is that mrs *****" I said "yes".

"This is so and so from experto,he said" I put the phone down. 10 seconds later he rings again."I'm sorry mrs ****,we appear to have got cut off". "No we did not I put the phone down on you". I hung up again.3 minutes later he rang again. "Can you stop putting the phone down on me" he said. "No I said this is the best fun I have had all day and I can keep this up all day,"I put the phone down again, he never called back.ahhhh

I have now told mum if anyone calls from them put the phone next to the telly and turn the sound up.

Goodnight

Mrs M

Hi just sitting here having a cup of tea and I suddenly thought of something that happened at my mums last week and thought I would share it with you for a laugh at the end of the day.

The phone rang and mum answered, a chap said can I speak to mrs ***

mum handed me the phone, He said "Is that mrs *****" I said "yes".

"This is so and so from experto,he said" I put the phone down. 10 seconds later he rings again."I'm sorry mrs ****,we appear to have got cut off". "No we did not I put the phone down on you". I hung up again.3 minutes later he rang again. "Can you stop putting the phone down on me" he said. "No I said this is the best fun I have had all day and I can keep this up all day,"I put the phone down again, he never called back.ahhhh

I have now told mum if anyone calls from them put the phone next to the telly and turn the sound up.

Goodnight

Mrs M

Good on you Mrs M.

Have you sent them a telephone harassment letter?

They tend to ignore them but it keeps it official.

Pumpytums

Edited by pumpytums

I sent them an harassment letter last year and up until last week they have been quite good about not phoning,but obviously with all the stuff going on with the experto stuff they are probably getting worried.

Mrs M

I sent them an harassment letter last year and up until last week they have been quite good about not phoning,but obviously with all the stuff going on with the experto stuff they are probably getting worried.

Mrs M

Yes its coming up to the end of the financial year. Some people have received letters referring to a personal call from Credit management Consultants CMC, which is still Exspurto just another name they use apparently. So the old Exspurto threat wagon is indeed in overdrive/reverse.

Pumpytums