You've heard it before but please help(Ruthbridge)

vegas1979
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just joined this forum and new to all this.

I recently received a letter 'To the occupier', which being a bit suspicious of its contents i googled. Its at this point i discovered who they are and all the problems people have suffered from these cowboys. As you can imagine i did not contact them after reading this stuff. Now i know i defaulted on a credit card balance a number of years ago. So i began to think that it was because of that. My thoughts were confirmed yesterday when i received another letter with my name on it. Although it doesnt state what they want to speak to me about it doesnt really take a genius to work out what it will be about. Now reading up on them i have discovered that if its over 6 years old, which it is, its then unenforceable, so if i dont acknowledge the letters and any phone calls regarding it, is there anything they can actually do about it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I would be inclined to send anything else you get from them back in the post 'return to sender, addressee not known'

Funnily enough I rang them Saturday, with a reference number of a fellow cagger, and within the space of 30 seconds I had his name and address! So much for data protection.

The fact that they are 'still' ignoring the OFT and sending out letters addressed to the occupier is indicative of how professional this outfit really is.

You can either ring them up on the freephone number along with the ref no. they gave on the letter addressed to 'the occupier' and hope that you get the same moron I had, give them a different name, and tell them you have lived at the property for a few weeks, they will then 'update' their files???

Or simply ignore them, and stick them back in the post.

Or hit them head on...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks everyone for your posts

I am so glad i looked at this forum up on the net before i rang the number on the 'to the occupier' letter. Is it right that said letter is against OFT regulations due to the fact that they have not outlined the reason they have contacted me in it. Was trying to work it out last night and i am pretty sure that its over the six year period, if not it will be by feb 2010, so in the worse case scenario that it is febuary, am i still within my rights to ignore them til i am 100% sure the 6 years has lapsed. Is there any legal implications if i gave a false name on the phone should they ring. According to the last letter i have 5 days to contact them before the mysterious 'local agent' will call. Through reading these forums, ive been informed that this means the phone calls will start.

Is [are] there any legal implications if i gave a false name on the phone should they ring.

Who says that it is you that answered the phone. They could have dialled the wrong number. You could have a visitor who has answered the phone. etc etc.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Again thanks for the info

Been a week now and since i received the last letter. Unplugged my house phone(dont use it anyway its purely there for internet purposes). Do you think they've forgotten about me.Ha Ha.(very unlikely) Will keep you posted on the next letter. Although i would love to know the letters contents, is my best course of action to not open it and return to sender addressee not known?

Well I am of the belief that whatever is posted through my door is intended for me, so if I open it in 'error' and then on reading it realise it is not intended for me, I simply cello-tape it back up and pop it back in the post marked 'Opened in Error, not Known at this address'

Besides, if it is addressed to you, unless the letters are sent recorded how are they supposed to know it has been delivered?

Alternatively it might be better dealing with it head on as you may be putting off the inevitable, so, see what it is they purport to want and post up their request/threatogramme and we will advise accordingly.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!