Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd - dodgy letter??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there - I originally posted this in someone elses thread - sorry!! Am new to this site so please forgive me. I will copy it here now:

I really could do with some help with this matter so any advice will be gratefully received.

Hi all - I have had a letter from Lowell portfolio1 ltd. It is on unheaded paper and says:

I have been directed to serve you with a Statutory Demand issued under the insolvency act 1986.

I have already attended at your address without meeting with you.

I have to inform you that I will attend at your address as above on ******* ** November afor the purpose of serving you personally with such statutory demand.

Should the above appointment prove inconvenient, I will endeavour to attend any other reasonable appointment you may suggest, or a solicitor may accept service.

It is my duty to inform you that should you fail to attend the above appointment or any other made in lieu thereof, substituted service of the saidstatutory demand shall be deemed to have been effected by way of advertising the demand or by insertion through your letterbox.

Your failthfully

name and mobile number written here.

Process Server

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What A Load Of Rollocks From The Leeds Loosers Again

Have They Been In Contact Prior To This

Letters From The Leeds Loosers

Do You Know What The Debt Is

Its Quite Easy To Set Asside With Costs If Real

Most Of The Time Its A Threat To Get You To Call But Must Treat With Caution

Do You Own Your Own House

Gosh - that was 2 very swift responses - thank you - and thank heavens I've come across this site. Its for an old credit card - but not 6 years old unfortunately. I've been reading this site most of the afternoon - it's so interesting and informative.

I also discovered on this site - and I've checked it out - that Lowells Portfolio 1 Ltd (thats a number one by the way) are not registered on the Information Commissioners Site as Data Processors!!

My main concern is that this letter is on totally unheaded paper and the only phone number supplied is a mobile number? Strange?

It looks like this debt has been sold a couple of times as at the top of the "letter" it says in bold type

"Statutory Demand - Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd (Original creditor - Compucredit International Servicing LLC, T/a Monument."

He reckons he's coming back to my house - very soon - do I stay off work for this or is it best to see what gets pushed through the letterbox next?

CompuCredit Plays First International Card with Barclays

April 5, 2007, 7:18 am Atlanta-based CompuCredit has made its first international portfolio buy in a deal with Barclaycard, a division of Barclays Bank. The maker of credit cards for high-risk individuals bought $970 million in Monument sub-prime credit card receivables from Barclaycard for $770 million.

Barclaycard is a multi-brand credit card and consumer loans business that also processes card payments for retailers and merchants and issues credit and charge cards to corporate customers and the British government.

CompuCredit Plays First International Card with Barclays - DealBook Blog - NYTimes.com

These Guys??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'm not sure I'm understanding all this - I clicked the 'set aside' link but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. This debt was only originally around £1400 - is it not better to try to make some kind of arrangement? Thats if this letter is genuine - it makes no reference to amounts owed or gives any address for any correspondence. Also, I'm concerned that their name - using the number1 as opposed to the roman numeral style one is all just a bit dodgy?

OK Lucy....first things first - please spend some time reading around here - DCA Legal Successes - The Consumer Forums you will find plenty of other thread from 1st Credit / Connaught and Capquest which deal with stat demands....I would send a CCA request immediately to Lowells and a SAR to the original creditor...CCA request costs £1 and SAR costs £10...send each recorded delivery and use postal orders if you can.

Can you please PM me with the name and number of the process server...

Do you know how much of this debt is made up of excessive penalty charges ? and or PPI ? if at all ?

• Haha 1

42Man - thanks for trying to help. Happy to send you PM - how do I do that?

I have no idea how much of the debt would be charges - and I have no idea what PPI is either? Oh dear - I'm beginning to feel really stupid now - as well as frantic about this issue too!

42Man - thanks for trying to help. Happy to send you PM - how do I do that?

Hi,

Click on 42mans name, then send message (below name )

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

No need to worry Lucy...we were all new to CAG once, PPI is payment protection insurance. As mentioned above, send of the CCA request (don't hand sign it though) this will need to go to Lowells, and the SAR you have to sign (but put crosses through your signature so it can't be 'lifted') and send for the attention of the Data Compliance Manager at the head office of the ORIGINAL CREDITOR's address....

Keep copies of the letter/s and the recorded delivery slips don't forget to insert postal orders.....and do spend some time reading around these forums. I assure you, you will pick up some amazing information....

If he says he will come at a certain time, then let him / her ......ask for FORMAL IDENTIFICATION and an address for where he is from...ask if he /she is registered by the Office Of Fair Trading.....and if he says yes ask for his number.....if you have access to a witness to your house then get them to watch at the time they say they are coming....it has been known for process servers to lie.