lguard123

Abbey has lost our Money

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3636 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We put a deposit on a bed with Dreams (£100 cash at Purley store,) we then received an email stating that the balance (of £993) needed to be paid via customer services. We transferred a £1000 into the account (cash at the Streatham branch of Abbey on 09/11/09) then phoned Dreams to pay the balance on the 9th November 09. We were told it had been declined. We then spent 2 days between Abbey branches and customer services at Dreams finding out what had happened. Dreams kept saying they didn't have the money and Abbey gave us an authorisation code to say they did and that it sometimes took a few days for it to go through and if we didn't see the money of £993 back in our account that Dreams would have it. The money never materialised in our account so we wrongly assumed that Dreams had the money.

Last Friday (20/11/09) we received a Text message from Dreams to say they will deliver the bed on Tuesday 24/11/09.

Today (24/11/09) we had a phone call to say they will deliver the bed between 12 & 3.30 but we had to pay the remaining balance. We went to the Streatham branch of Abbey and they gave us two print outs showing that the transaction had been approved and paid on 09/11/09 at 12:32 to Dreams PLC. I then contact Customer services at Dreams who wished to see the printouts.

I took the documentation back to Dreams (Purley) who verified I had paid, they contacted the delivery driver to authorise delivery and then they contacted Customer services to clear the balance. After two hours in the store they refused to deliver the bed and are still denying they have the money.

We are at a loss of where to go from here as Abbey are saying they do not have the money and can prove Dreams have it and Dreams are saying it was declined and they never received any payment. We contacted Visa(Merchant bank) who say that the money never left Abbey so they cannot help.

We can not afford to make another payment to buy another bed due to my wife not working (cannot afford childcare) and I am only working part time. I suffer from arthritis and my wife is awaiting an operation to her leg which is why we bought the new bed.

Any help of advice would be greatly appreciated at we are at our wits end.

Thank you.

Would you like to pass this story on to the press? That may help.

If so then please email me - admin(at)consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Otherwise I think that the only thing is immediate legal action.

If I were you I'd ask Abbey to open a dispute on the transaction on the basis that you have paid, but not received your goods. Under card scheme rules they will be able to initiate a chargeback to recover your funds from Dreams. If Dreams really didn't receive the funds in the first place, at least this will be formally established as part of this process and Abbey will then need to re-credit you themselves.