postggj

Welcome Finance Questionnaire - WARNING

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3548 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

WHEN DID YOU FIRST BECOME AWARE THAT YOU HAD A COMPLAINT

WHERE AND/OR HOW DID YOU TAKE OUT THE PPI POLICY

please give us as much information as you can. if you need more space please use the space at the end of the form and/or continue on a seperate sheet of paper if you need to.

WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER FROM THE TIME YOU TOOK OUT THE POLICY

for example, what did the staff member tell you about the ppi policy

WHAT DOCUMENTATION WERE YOU GIVE WHEN YOU TOOK OUT THE POLICY

please provide details 9and copies if you have them) including details of anything relevant you received in the post or got from the internet

PLEASE PROVIDE DETAILS ABOUT YOUR JOB AT THE TIME YOU TOOK OUT THE POLICY AND DETAILS OF OTHER PPI POLICIES YOU HAVE HAD IN THE PAST

for example, your occupation, the hours you worked, and if you are employed or self employed

IS THERE ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU WISH TO TELL US ABOUT YOUR COMPLAINT

I FEEL THIS IS AN ATTEMPT BY WELCOME TO GATHER INFORMATION BY COVERT MEANS AND WELCOME WILL USE THIS INFORMATION AGAINST YOU IN ANY PPI CLAIM

SEND WELCOME A COMPLAINT ON MISSELLING IN YOUR OWN WORDS AND WHY

WELCOME WILL SAY BOG OFF SO JUST PASS IT UP TO THE FOS

THE FOS UPHOLD 95 % OF ALL PPI CLAIMS AGAINST WELCOME

STAY WELL CLEAR OF THIS QUESTIONAIRE, IT ALL SEEMS INOCENT, BUT WHEN HAS WELCOME EVER LOOKED AFTER THE WELFARE OF ITS CUSTOMERS

Thanks Poste.....I wondered what questions they were asking.

All the information that they are asking for regarding employment they should already have.!

Dawnx

Or you could use the reply i sent....

Now they have sent two follow up leters, chasing my replies and completed questionnaires...

Unfortunately my reply crossed in the post...it goes something like this..

Thankyou for your letter..bla, blah..the contents have been duly noted..

please do not insult my intelligance by sending your standard bog-off letters, they only serve as a time wasting excersise on your part..

you know and we know that all the information that you are requesting in relation to the 2 accounts can be accessed through your internal archiving systems..

Now pull your fingers out and sort it coz if you dont, we will be onto the fsa and fos like a shot.

NOT all word for exact word, but that was basically the gist of it

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

question 2 is the start of the [problem] , trying to get you to saying you knew all about the PPI , how low can these idiots stoop

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Yep I agree, the questionnaires are a waste of time, they don't even look at your original letters of complaint. The FOS route will also get you an extra £200 compensation as well, which isn't too bad.

question 2 is the start of the [problem] , trying to get you to saying you knew all about the PPI , how low can these idiots stoop

Sorry - don't agree with this. I filled out the form and won!!!.

Sorry - don't agree with this. I filled out the form and won!!!.

NICE COMMENT FROM A NEW CAGGER

HANDS UP ALL THE CAGGERS WHO HAVE A PPI REFUND FROM WELCOME

THAT DID NOT HAVE TO GO TO THE FOS

STILL WAITING

Hi all,

I 2 have received this form after writing a letter of complaint to welcome, if i am not completing this form, where do i go from here ?

Please help

Many Many THanks

Dom

Hi all,

I 2 have received this form after writing a letter of complaint to welcome, if i am not completing this form, where do i go from here ?

Please help

Many Many THanks

Dom

Send them a letter thanking them for their questionnaire, then point out that they already have all of the information they need in your letter of complaint.

STILL WAITING

I WOULD have had. If I accepted their first offer.

But since they tried the Limitations Act shoite regarding older agreements, I got all shouty and angry. :D

Having said that, I refused their kind offer of using their form requesting further info. I merely told them that all the info they needed was in my original letter of complaint. ;)

STILL WAITING

I have.... and yes I did fill out the questionaire. No FOS involvement.

so no I don't agree either. :-|

ARGGGGHHH i dont know what to do, seems there is a mixed response about completing the questionaire.

Dom

Just out of interest... How many caggers on here feel they were refused a ppi refund due to filling out the questionnaire?

And other than fester how many have had a refund/offer without filling out the questionnaire?

I can only speak from my experience of course.... but I'm glad I filled it out. The whole process was relatively quick.... yeah I didn't get the extra £200 compensation that I would have gotten if i'd gone to the FOS...but I also didn't have to wait months and months for the FOS to sort it out.

Good luck to all of you, whatever you decide :)

To be honest Emmilou, it is possibly helpful to use their form as it assists the process due to their being able to work their way through their script in a timely fashion. It probably also satisfies their requirements under their own quality control procedures to send the form as a first response.

The danger lies in the obvious bias in the questions, so that if you reject their offer for whatever reason, they have a way to fight back using your answers against you.

So if you just want the claim to sail through with no problems, you're probably OK to use the form.

But it really is no hardship to send your own response in lieu and removes the, admittedly tiny, risk of them getting difficult further down the road. After all, your initial letter contained the basis of your claim, so it has all they need to know. And for that reason I cannot recommend using their questionnaire.

To be honest - I think the original letter I wrote contained about 7 lines. Very short and to the point. The same as when I completed the form. Left returning it for at least 6 weeks. And then hastly answered the questions without giving any facts. Must of only been another couple of weeks beyond that and all was sorted.

Although we seem to have got more than just PPI. We VT the agreement and returned our vehicle recently. We had paid enough so there was no goods liabilty. There was still some useless breakdown/PPI style stuff amounting to £1500 which they wanted paying. This has also been written off.

To sum up I think it varies from person to person depending on what you have done or conducted yourself during the finance term.

I have, this morning, just received a letter from them saying that they are still awaiting my questionnaire and will close the complaint if it's not received within 4 weeks. Seems they are choosing to ignore the letter I sent which told them all of the information they needed was in my original complaint letter. Cretins. :evil:

Hi, Unfortunately it seems the questionnaire is a must. We have recieved our cheque today for just over £2200. It pays to complete it but don't give too much away.

Just to back up what Postgg says, the questionnaire that gets sent out is designed to try and prove that you were not missold to (Or from the company reduce any liabilty with the FOS), hence questions 2 - 9 generally will be worded to try and establish if the cover would have been justifiably sold (I.e. That there was a need for cover).

In my experience, if you were missold insurances specifically due to the fact that you were misinformed by an employee that it you would not get the loan/it will effect your loan application by not having it, then answering the first question in depth and the last question in depth are sufficient. Whether or not you would have benefited from the cover is immaterial, the fact is that the cover was presented as not being optional and therefore missold under FSA requirments.

If you answer the others then write something like "N/A for my complaint, see answer to question 1".

There may of course be cases if the crux of the complaint differs to fill in the other Qs but in general the complaints that Welcome have are centred around the fact that the isurances were not offered up as options but sold as necessities to get the loan, thought I would put a post on here as I have seen a few misselling threads of late and wanted to support Postgg in his thoughts by confirming from the company point of view that he is bang on....as usual!

When I recieved my Questionaire last week I phoned the FOS to ask what I should do etc, They informed me if I didnt fill it in I wasnt showing "willing" to give information to help the complaint and that it is common with a lot companies to ask for information. However they did say its up to me what information I give i.e I could just put N/A in the information boxes this way the questionaire is complete but not shooting myself in the foot. Think its just down to common sense.

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

Bebobebo, exactly right, not filling it in at all is not going to help your case as it looks like there is something that you want to hide but N/A is an answer to a question.

Companies have to ask questions as there will be an element of professional complainers or companies actying on behalf of customers so just admitting that they have missold cover to everyone could be very expensive but its clear to me that they also do it as a distracting tool, partly to try and catch people out and partly to put another obstacle in the way so that people who don't follow through to the end their claims.

Spot on though, it is common sense but I think that companies like Welcome rely on people not applying this a lot of the time.

I have been made an offer after only 3 weeks without the need for FOS, I have accepted their offer and I have been informed that the cheque will be sent within 21 days. I have NOT been asked to fill in a questionnaire.

Have they actually told you the amount that they are going to refund you?

All I (and a couple of others) got was a letter with a new agreement to sign and a loads of bolloks about how they couldnt give us any refund figures until the loan had finished :confused::mad:

Just for info, here was my response to their offer:

I am in receipt of your letter dated 04 February 2010, with regards to mis-selling of PPI policies.

I feel that I am unable to accept your offer, and proposed re-writing of my loan agreement for the following reasons:

• The proposed agreement still includes £195 for “1st Person Personal Accident Plan”. As per my original complaint, this was mis-sold for the same reasons as the PPI, so I do not wish this to be part of any loan agreement.
  • The proposed APR rate of 44.04% is higher than the rate on the original agreement 43.1%
  • I disagree with your assertion that you cannot provide a specific refund figure at the moment due to the fact that “this will depend entirely on how many future payments you will make towards the loan agreement”. You need to give a refund figure based on the situation as it stands now…not at a date in the future.
  • Linked in with the above, without a refund figure I am unable to determine whether you will be applying the 8% statutory interest due.

I trust this clarifies my position in this matter and look forward to your further proposals to deal with this complaint to my satisfaction

Yours sincerely,

----

Im sure they'll just give me some more rubbish about how that was their final response...then I guess it's off to the FOS!!