Paypal Changes... Watch out!

buzby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Customers of PayPal are being told that their terms and conditions are changing. If you track htem down you can read info of the costs of their service (UK users only get billed 0.5%, all the rest appear to be hit with 1%), but the bad news is that they now plan to use Experian to 'verify' their customers. Checking supplied DoB's and as part of the deal, reporting back to the CRA your use of the service.

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/upcoming_policies_full&locale.x=en_GB

Should you NOT wish this to happen, there is no opt out - you simply have to terminate using their services.

One to watch, I'm afraid.

B*gger me! Well spotte Buzby!

What is very worrying is the amount of disputes that go on between Paypal and customers with shoddy service from Paypal leading to it dragging on and them bringing in a DCA - if they are now saying they will also pass this info onto Experian it could open up a whole world of pain!

Does the fact they are registered in Luxembourg have any relevance on how they can be tackled on any disputes raised on info they supply to Experian?

Yorky

The short answer is, I don;t know. As you will have read, it is Experian in Luxembourg that is handling the data. At the mo', there is nothhing in place that I'm aware of that will enforce compliance across national boundaries, BUT this is due to change in 2012 or so with an EU-wide requirement to address issues sich as these.

The trouble is, this isn;t the informed consent we were told to expect, but a like it or lump it approach.

So it will be intersting to see if Experian Luxembourg pass the info onto Experian UK and what happens when someone raises a dispute. Will EUK remove it and if so will EL follow suite?

The trouble is, this isn;t the informed consent we were told to expect, but a like it or lump it approach.

Indeed, much in the same way that Ebay now expects everyone to use Paypal and gets upset with listings that state other payment methods.