Employment/Work and asscioated benefits woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well i gave them everything theyve asked for and a bit more. Three months bank statements and 5 payslips (again to be averaged) the problem is i gave it all in on pay day from them which was on monday. As its paid for weeks in arrears i have been overpaid by a week but they seem to think ive been overpaid by £170 odd HB and £300 odd CT. For some reason they say the overpayment is up until march 2010:confused: Its like theyve assumed i would be unemployed until then or somthing. AND the amount they say my new entitlement is wrong. Even using there own figures in there own calculator shows its wrong.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't make it easy!

I think after reading this thread that I'll give them a quick call in future to let them know when I'm signing on and off, rather than rely on the JC as I have been doing. I would probably have come unstuck eventually!

I was having a tel conversation with my landlords today as I was paying them for the weeks I had worked and they told me that JobCentre always tell Housing Benefit when I sign on/off.

It is confusing. Sounding a bit like JC do tell them but to cover themselves in case of mistakes by either JC or Council, the official line it is our responsibility to tell them.

Indeed! The loke i spoke to in the council (this is the one who i try to avoid because he hasnt got a clue) insisted the Jc dont do it. I went into the JC today to speak to the manager( they know me because of a 8 page complaint haha) and she showed me on there system that they do and infact HAD informed the council when i signed off!! So clearly the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing!!:confused::mad:

Indeed! The loke i spoke to in the council (this is the one who i try to avoid because he hasnt got a clue) insisted the Jc dont do it. I went into the JC today to speak to the manager( they know me because of a 8 page complaint haha) and she showed me on there system that they do and infact HAD informed the council when i signed off!! So clearly the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing!!:confused::mad:

Whoa - the JCP had informed the council? Ask for proof of this, then take it straight to appeal. Yes, the onus is on you to inform them, however if you can demonstrate that the council were informed by the DWP of the change, and failed to act upon it, you may well have a case there.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Whoa - the JCP had informed the council? Ask for proof of this, then take it straight to appeal. Yes, the onus is on you to inform them, however if you can demonstrate that the council were informed by the DWP of the change, and failed to act upon it, you may well have a case there.

Its well annoying because if they make a mistake there not allowed to recover the money BUt i cant prove it

Ask your MP to send a letter to the DWP, explaining that you were informed and shown notification had been issued but that they could not print it off, and requesting they confirm that the notification was made in writing.

Alternatively you could sar them for this info.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

Just a thought, when you have your live JSA claim, do they put the housing benefit indicators onto your claim

There is a screen where two boxes should be ticked when the claim is processed, should be a y in the Housing benefit and a y in the Council tax

Sometimes in the rush to put claims on these can be over looked.

If they have not been changed from N to Ys then this could stop the end of entitlement notice being sent out because there is in effect no housing benefit interest on the claim

I have seen this on I.S

JSA have the same system so I presume it could happen there as well

Well i did say as its information about me this would fall under the data protection and if i request it they are legally binded to do so ( unsure about this for certain though) I have already e mailed louise ellman, awaiting a reply. Amazing though because last time after being mucked a obout my the council for three months she got in touch with them and it was sorted in a day!!!!

Yes they are legally obliged to provide you with information with a SAR

They may waive the fee. Depending on the volume of info you ask for, they do sometimes waive it. They are obliged to provide it to your MP anyway and will do this free of charge.

:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

Sooooooo had my appointment today and got two letters. The letter said because of the alledged £170 odd over payment they are deducting it from my housing benefit which leaves me with a grand total of £1.50 a week. The second letter said "the job centre informed us you signed off on " etc SO theres the proof right there that they WERE informed AND the job centre DO inform them despite the fella last week inisiting they dont. The letter was asking me for proof that i am working. I HANDED IN ALL MY PAY SLIPS LAST WEEK!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

At the appontment they just basically insisted i was wrong, they are right and i should go away was the general impression. So ive put in my appeal. doubt ill get far though and my mp has written to them.

Then after that and i swear the council were following me. it was super windy and the wind ble my ciggie out. I was walking past a bin and flicked it in. Next thing i know im being fined. They isisted it didnt go in the bin when it did:mad:

Im considering leaving my job because its just not worth it. I worked out on current wages and HB afer ive paid all my bills etc im left with a grand total PER MONTH of £1. If im on the dole im left with £124 weres the motivation to work?

• 2 weeks later...

So, work have told us as christmas is on a friday we can either work more hours in the week tomake up the lost day Or take it as an unpaid holiday are they allowed to do this? Just wondering were we stand on this.

also we were supposed to get a £25 christmas bonus , one of the managers clarified this. BUT now they have decided instead of the bonus the company are going to use all the £25s to fund a night out BUT you can only go if you have been there 12 months or more!!!! which means most of us cant go and some of those who can arnt going as a kind of protest!!! so basically all our bonuses are going on funding a manager only nite out!!! can they do this?

Thanks

Guest Old_andrew2018

Seems very unfair, have you or your colleagues have something in writing to confirm your bonus, is there someone higher in the company whom you can complain

Ive e mailed head office, this has so far been ignored. the area manager rarely visits so i doubt we will see him before crimbo . Some other people have had major arguments with the store manager though. Someone said to him today "your supposed to be on our side" its becoming like a us and them situation..i caught the 3 managers today bitching about it in the office. And no theres nothing in writing although they had bonuses last year as far as i am aware!!

Are you open on Christmas Day?

Hotel? Hospital? Police station?

Christmas is a religious festival.

(It starts just after Halloween, so the shops have got another excuse to mercilessly try and flog stuff.)

Unless it's explicitly or implied in your contract that you're required to work on Christmas Day, then there shouldn't be any question of you having to do time in lieu in order to have that day off.

They've given you a £25 Christmas Bonus?

You need to get yourself a cap.

So, whenever you find yourself within 20 yards of one of these individuals, you can take it off and exclaim 'God bless you, Herr Schlindler'.

Take every opportunity to make these people beverages.

Bring sandwiches from home for them to eat.

And please don't call it 'crimbo'.

It's just not 'Christmassy'.

unfortunatley this is the same issue for alot of shop workers. However you need to see what it says in your contract regarding xmas day working and xmas bonuses also your holiday entitlements since xmas day is a bank holiday. if you can advise us of what your contract actually states on those above 3 points then we can advise you further.

or you and your colleagues can all tell your manager your all taking the day as unpaid holiday. like to see how they can open on xmas with no staff.

Or you could give them am opt out notice similar to that to the one that shop workers have to give to opt out of working on sundays. Only instead of it being a sunday optout it will be an opt out to working xmas based on religious reason. to denie you that right to opt out on religous grounds is religious discrimination.

Opting-out of Sunday work

40 Notice of objection to Sunday working

(1) A shop worker or betting worker to whom this section applies may at any time give his employer written notice, signed and dated by the shop worker or betting worker, to the effect that he objects to Sunday working.

(2) In this Act “opting-out notice” means a notice given under subsection (1) by a shop worker or betting worker to whom this section applies.

(3) This section applies to any shop worker or betting worker who under his contract of employment—

(a) is or may be required to work on Sunday (whether or not as a result of previously giving an opting-in notice), but

(b) is not employed to work only on Sunday.

41 Opted-out shop workers and betting workers

(1) Subject to subsection (2), a shop worker or betting worker is to be regarded as “opted-out” for the purposes of any provision of this Act if (and only if)—

(a) he has given his employer an opting-out notice,

(b) he has been continuously employed during the period beginning with the day on which the notice was given and ending with the day which, in relation to the provision concerned, is the appropriate date, and

© throughout that period, or throughout every part of it during which his relations with his employer were governed by a contract of employment, he was a shop worker or a betting worker.

(2) A shop worker is not an opted-out shop worker, and a betting worker is not an opted-out betting worker, if—

(a) after giving the opting-out notice concerned, he has given his employer an opting-in notice, and

(b) after giving the opting-in notice, he has expressly agreed with his employer to do shop work, or betting work, on Sunday or on a particular Sunday.

(3) In this Act “notice period”, in relation to an opted-out shop worker or an opted-out betting worker, means, subject to section 42(2), the period of three months beginning with the day on which the opting-out notice concerned was given.

Edited by teaboy2

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

ok:D

Lol am quessing you like the sound of that elpulpo?

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.