style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3648 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

ok guys ive been a member now of brighthouse for just over a year ..ive had no problems with breakdowns or anything like that but my bill fortnightly is £140...now ive just lost my job and my wifes wage is not going to cover it for long ..i asked our manager if there was anything they could do and i was told no...ive got

1 tv

1 laptop

1 washing machine

1 tumble dryer

1 fridge freezer

1 sofa

i asked will they take the goods and she replied they would only be interested in taking the laptop and the tv .

now im in the process of starting my buissness and need the laptop for that ...but i need to reduce the payments or il start to fall behind the payments are killing us ..any advise please ive managed to keep the payments up to date but i dont know for how long ..we was told they could extend the payment period but because we havent paid at least half they say it cant be done its full payment or nothing

Ending your contract early

You have two ways of ending your HP agreement early:

• You can terminate an HP agreement and return the goods at any time by writing to the lender, as long as you bring your total payments up to half of the total amount payable under the agreement (the exact amount will be stated in a box on the front of your contract). But you will also have to pay off any credit you took out to pay for insurance. If you have already paid half, you only have to pay for any missed payments or damage to the goods. But if you have already paid more than this amount, you will not get a refund of the difference. You should not be charged to return the goods. If under the terms of your contract you must take the goods back, this should only be to premises within a reasonable distance of your home.

thats taken from consumer direct so the way i read it if you can afford the payments to bring it upto "half the ammount due" then they cannot refuse return

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: