mz_pink

Looking for some help, if poss on trying to repair my credit file

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3639 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good Afternoon All,

I have been on the Employment Probs Forum and been gratefully helped out with an issue and have now been pointed in this direction to see if there would be any advice on trying to repair my credit file.

I have the following on my report...

Decree £311 -scottish ministers on behalf of SAAS for over payment of Student award. 09/10/07 not paid I do know that there is another amount due to them for £1000+ but they told me that they would not fight for this if they have been unsuccessful in recovering the first smaller amount.

Decree £505 - Edinburgh City Council -Over payment of salary-satisfied April 2006

Shop Direct , 2 months behind Nov 03, 3months behind Dec03, 2 mths behind Jan 04, 2months behind Feb 04 satisfied March 04

O2 1 month behind March 04 and default April 04, satisfied May 04

Barclaycard Default Feb 05 satisfied March 05 with partial payment accepted.

Capital One default feb 04 satisfied Marc 04

Shop Direct showing payment history from Mar-Sept 04 all payments up to date? and settled Oct 04..EVEN THOUGH I DIDNT PURCHASE ANYTHING, How can a £0 account be settled?

Next Directory Default Nov 08 satisfied Dec 08 this one was caused by non-payment of wages due to incompetence of employer which I am in dispute with at present.

If there is anyone with any words of wisdom in attempting to repair my crdit file, I would be truly grateful. As there is loads of info out there in the forum but I am fiding it difficult pin-pointing the stuff that is relevant to my specific issues.

Muchos Gratias in advance xxx

I'm not entirely sure what it is you want to do here. Are you saying that any or all of this information is inaccurate?

If it's basically true, then there's going to be very little, if anything, you can do about it.

If the information is inaccurate in any way you can try to get it amended, but be warned it's neither quick nor easy.

Incidentally the shop direct one isn't going to do you any harm. The settled date is just the date the account was closed, presumably because you hadn't used it.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi Reallymadwoman,

Thanks for your reply, This information is all accurate, I was just looking to see if there were any ways that I could get any of the damning info off the file. I knew it was a long shot but thought I would ask anyway.

I think its the Decrees that are causing my prob and I guess I will just have to wait til the 6 years have lapsed before I can apply for any credit/mortgage.

Im not working just now and just thought Id use my free time to try and repair damage done by past mistakes etc.

Thanks again x

Most likely it is the decrees that are doing the most damage, and they are unfortunately going to be on there for a few years yet.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

hiya,

as RMW says unless they are inaccurate there isn't much you can do espeically the decrees

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hiya,

Thanks again to you both.

I was just wondering with the latest Decree I was told not to worry about the default in the Aug before the Decree was made as the amount was going to be taken off a further student award in the October. I then got a letter in the following Jan stating that they wouldnt be doing this. So 6 months after being told it would have been fine I was told otherwise.

Have lost all paperwork regarding this, but just feel I was ill-advised.

The earlier Decree I know I cannot do a thing about.

A lesson well learnt though to check things out instead of just going on what one person advises and to keep all paperwork!